<ATTENTION> INFINITE VILLAGERS BROKEN IN 1.8!!!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jan 11, 2014.

1. I'm pretty sure that pre-1.7 villagers would remain the same as they keep the same game code. Just 1.8+ villagers would not refresh after you traded the most recent trade. Since we also have that marvelous gold ingot trade, I'll be working on creating 100 inf villagers on my res :D
    RainbowChin likes this.
  2. It's no longer gold ingots for enchanting, but now lapis lazuli
  3. Well, I have got to make a ton of infinite villagers now.
  4. Yeah I know it's just lapis, I meant there's a 10-11 emerald -> gold ingot trade that has a .5% chance of popping up when you trade that can break your infinite villager. I'm going to try to make as many as I can so that if I get that a couple times it won't matter.
  5. Then. I'm going to make more infinite villagers while I can :p
  6. Well I know what I'm doing later...making villagers. :p
  7. has anyone tested this with a snapshot yet i wont count this out unless i see it fail
  8. Yeah. I tested it this morning.
  9. ALSO villager trading in general has been made alot easier for NORMAL minecraft and things will be cheaper with villager trading in general. Even if it is broken or just allowing it to last a shorter time before breaking i have noticed that 4 new trades pop up in a villager after just one or two trades. (meaning if nothing is broken infinite villager will be very easy to make)
  10. The mechanics that an infinite villager rely on are the last trade refreshing all the others, thus removing the X upon using a trade and causing an everlasting loop until someone breaks it or the gold trade pops up. 1.8 removes the refresh mechanic for newly spawned villagers.
  11. Lapis?!
    Wow. That is a good use for lapis, other than just a dye and decorative block :p

Anyways on the topic of this thread, who's selling inf. villagers cheap?
  12. im going to say one thing when the time comes. Look to other trades for emeralds than just paper it will making getting emeralds faster.
  13. This is sooo true. There will be other trades like enderpearls for emeralds and rotten flesh for emeralds i believe. And I think there is still a similar way to do infinite villagers, just not exactly the same technique. Also I dont believe EMC will be updating to 1.8 for quite a while.
  14. If anything, emeralds will stay same or go down. The new trades allow you to sell zombie flesh, and more items to the villagers for emeralds.
  15. hoard dem all
  16. The economy of emeralds hang in the balance of an update.
    Gadget_AD and trent948 like this.
  17. If anything, emeralds will go up. Do you really think it's the materials that are stopping people from mass producing them? It's really how boring and tedious it is. The rotten flesh trades won't make a difference at all, since they are not infinite.
    Olaf_C, Gabrielrocks69 and Jcplugs like this.
  18. Then get one now :p

I don't really like this new update. They're changing so many things that could break the way some server's economies work, such as all enchantments now costing level 3.
    jkjkjk182 and samsimx like this.
  19. The more I hear about 1.8 the more I hate it