<ATTENTION> INFINITE VILLAGERS BROKEN IN 1.8!!!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jan 11, 2014.

1. It's difficult to explain, it's much better if you make a test world in 1.7 and then change to 1.8 and see how it affects them. :)
    highlancer54 likes this.
  2. I might get to that
  3. Some folks were saying earlier that infinite villagers already made will still be fine: That does not seem to be the case. I have tested this, and when you update to a 1.8 snapshot the villager begins it's 1.8 trades where the 1.7 trades left off. This means you can and do have multiples of the same trade.... So the villager is no longer technically infinite. However, with 2 paper trades, it seems that you can max out 1, and then trade the other, refreshing the first and just cycle through like that.
    TL;DR: INFINITE PAPER VILLAGERS DON'T SEEM TO REALLY BREAK.
  4. Great, that means part of the wiki i quoted earlier was right.
  5. So that means I'll have........ *Does some maths* about another fourteen months of Infinite Villagers before Empire updates to 1.8.

:D

Also, people, it's really, really easy to get Infinite Villager, I don't know why folk are paying 30,000r + for one.

• Spawn Librarian
    • If first, second, or third trades are paper or books, egg it
    • Then keep going until you get paper as last trade
    • If your 7th trade is super expensive but you've still not had paper or even books, do it, regardless, as the 8th will be your paper
    I've got two and it took about twenty minutes. In trade terms it probably cost about 5k.
    I also have a Priest with Infinite Exp Bottles, just for giggles. That took one go, as you can use the same enchanted item over and over again to force on the next trade.
    ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  6. I made 18 to stock up for 1.8, and I spent around 22k. :3
  7. #hahablameaikarisdeadhowaboutdatboiiinowitzblame1.8WHYdissoLAWNGlololoK?baiimleavingokiehaveanicedayaikar.ihazskinsoiamlepotatomyhandshurt
  8. I honestly don't see the need for 18 infinite villagers. The most I would have is 2. One to use, and one for back up. You sir just wasted 22k.
    tedrocker likes this.
  9. so my question is, how will this affect my 1.7 truly infinite paper villager (gold is unlocked and paper is 9th trade)?
    troop53no likes this.
  10. You will need to have it fixed once 1.8 comes out.
  11. So, in conclusion, will 1.7 infinite villagers work in 1.8?
  12. They will not.