{Approved Suggestion} Ban server-hop advertising on Games

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by OhMiku, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's perfect, thank you.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. But Aikar said it was already on his to do list.

Why are you like this.
  3. It. Was. Already. Said. Yes. To.
  4. Freedom of speech
    SkeleTin007 and _Levy_McGarden_ like this.
  5. Lmao, always nice for someone to bump a dead thread :L
  6. ikr
    TheKutesyKiraboo likes this.
  7. Even if your not on the games server. I wish there was a way to block "just" the rolling advertisements It's so annoying when people do this and I can't figure out a way to do this that won't be more trouble then the adverts are.
    -I could block E chat but that would block all of the legitimate traffic that I actually want/need to see. People use it to ask about prices and who is selling something.
    -I could do a chronic rolling advertiser list on the forums so people could individually block all the worst offenders and hope that social pressure of being on the spamming wall of shame would get them to behave better. But I get on emc to de-stress and taking on a project like this would result in my time on emc being almost a chore.
    SkeleTin007 and ChespinLover77 like this.
  8. Wait, why did you post again? You already posted on the thread, implying your opinion. And now the thread had been silent for some time, and moreover, a staff reply had already been raised.
    On top of that, the -1 didn't add any explanation to you being against it. It seeming unnecessary to you is no valid reason, as Aikar has already confirmed that he can do this.
    TheKutesyKiraboo likes this.
  9. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If they wanna continue bumping "an old" thread up to them
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. -9
    I like advetising...
    Why couldnt you just /chat off? You actually showed that you were the only one on /games at the time lmao
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  11. Its not about getting along... besides its someone's pov so others can suggest modifications or question its validity... some people are trying to eggs other on... i wont mention any names or anything.

EDIT: Sorry about double posting :p
    607 and ChespinLover77 like this.
  12. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT
  13. Wait a minute...you bumped this thread for no reason, but now that it's active again you say "if they wanna continue bumping an old thread". You're the reason it was bumped in the first place and all you said was "-1".
    MissFable and FadedMartian like this.
  14. I was being sarcastic, hence the " "
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Actually you are wrong. You are suggesting to ban it while you couldve easily done /chat off. I see it this way: If there is even only one person on a server when advertising i will still advertise there as you never know... maybe that person will come...

and dont use caps with me you weenie :p
    BenMA and ChespinLover77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.