Applying for mod?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by LightrodSilver, Aug 16, 2014.

?

Is their a way.

Yes, their is. 24 vote(s) 88.9%
No, sadly their is not. 3 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. I know that, but how long does it take before you here back?
  2. You will hear back if you're selected.
  3. W
    when do they check them, or if you are selected, how long will it be until they review it?
  4. I think they normally look over them every week or so, but I don't know.
  5. Just remember, if you do end up applying, talking about the application to other members can ruin your chances of getting accepted. There's no guarantee it will, though.
    sambish20 and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. XD hehe...
  7. They'll probably look into it soon enough. They won't message you if you aren't chosen though.
    Also, that you aren't chosen for the next batch of next moderators, doesn't mean that you won't ever be.
    sambish20 and Supah_Danny like this.
  8. No it said talking about it to another "staff member" .
  9. Talking about it to other players can to. Like, when you're saying "I think I'll be getting mod" to everyone you see staff may think "Hm, maybe he's not as suitable as we thought..."
  10. Yes, but I never said I was.
  11. I know, nobody said you ever did anything wrong, jay just reminded you just in case so you wouldn't potentially do it any time soon :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. There is no requirement of grammar. However, I have learned that you gain respect really quickly if you use proper grammar. Using words like "plz" or "u" make you seem lazy, which is not a good quality in staff.
    607, PenguinDJ and slash14459 like this.
  13. Are you saying that I used bad grammar?
  14. In the first post and the poll, yes I am. Spelling and grammar were way off.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. While you're on the topic, the "their" in the poll should be "there".
  16. Haha, I chose the wrong poll option. There's always a way. Even if you don't make it this time, just reapply a few months later. Good luck, though.
  17. I was wondering who that was >.>

Amazing grammar and language skills are again not a requirement. However, you want to have at least decent language and communication skills as well as social capabilities as a moderator.
    PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  18. Please, you don't have to be mean to things people say, it's not like I am perilously using wrong grammar. I am typing, it's not the same thing as filling something out, we are on a forum, yes it matters when filling out an application, but once again its a forum.
  19. No one is trying to attack you or come off as mean. :) They are only trying to ensure that you understand some of the things that they look for in moderators, which we can see you do. :) Think of them as friendly tips from some of the players who will be dealing with current and future moderators. :) Again, good luck on your application.
  20. And again, good grammar isn't necessary, look at bitemenow, he was moderator too ;)