Announcing: Empire Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I must have confused the two somehow. I know they are just words, but words mean things and I've seen where at least one person seems to be pretty upset about it. I couldn't care less about having a title. It's about the information, for me.

^ I just re-read this and it sounds like I'm pretty confused. I'm pretty sure there is some reasoning in there somewhere.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  2. I have a question- why were those four people chosen?
  3. I think that's been addressed already, Jacob. They have already been doing this anyway so Aikar decided to make it official.

I'm not complaining myself. I like the idea of having a public tracker so anyone who is having a problem can tell whether it's been reported or not, then follow along as problems are resolved. But they can't allow everyone to use it directly or it would create a big mess. The only problem I have really, is that I often feel information starved and are a bit jelly. I'll just start stalking Jack.
  4. Hopefully I'll be able to address your issues here and Jack can chime in when he needs to :)

I made this thread about a week ago, hopefully it will help you out a little: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/emc-bug-fix-timeline-updated-02-04-2013.23572/ Unfortunately I'll have to bump it every now and then so people can see it.

This thread pretty much covers which bugs have been FIXED. I would honestly have no problem keeping track of what has been reported but wasn't added, would that help? (our job is also to test bugs, make sure they're not MC/Bukkit/Spigot related before we add them to Tracker, hence you didn't see it on there - it wasn't). It might take a little longer but no worries. Unfortunately checking to see if anything had been removed would be too hard (probably impossible).

In regards to "Spigot-being-the-issue" previously, as soon as I knew that it was Spigot (from the reporting PM) I checked the original thread but someone had already let them know. If they didn't, I would have explained it all. Hopefully my additions to that thread will solve this? Also, if you have any questions about it feel free to post on that thread and I'll see if I can tell you what happened to it or PM me.
    You can take ICC's words into account if you like;
    See first paragraph
  5. They don't have any information that you or anyone else doesn't. All bug reports are placed into the info tracker and are immediately public knowledge. :)
    AlexChance and Pab10S like this.
  6. You posted that thread Monday, but close enough. I spend enough time on these Forums that you would think nothing would slip by. Thanks for your work on it.

Still jelly, but I'll get over it. Haha. I actually don't envy the amount of busy work they are probably taking on. Four is probably a good number.
    jkjkjk182, JackBiggin and AlexChance like this.
  7. Hey, I have an interesting question....do you have any T-shirts or anything like that? It would be cool if you did or could have members have a contest on who could make the best. Just an idea--I'm about to get paid for my report card soon so I want to see if I could buy a tee from my favorite server!
  8. We don't at the moment, no. :)
  9. There are many T-Short sites that allow you to put any design to a t-shirt and have it printed.
    Perhaps, with permission, you can do that?
    AlexChance likes this.
  10. Lets be clear -- they do not have any special powers other than the ability to post. I dont think they can even change state to invalid.

We can not nor do we want for EVERYONE to have the ability to post bugs - that would degrade the usefulness of the tracker as not everyone knows how to use a tracker correctly, and I don't want ours as useless as Mojangs and Bukkits can be.

People were needing to be chosen to be able to scour the forums and report the issues -- these people are ones who are active in the forums, and are already people who report a ton of bugs to me... so instead of them sending it to me -> me putting on tracker, theyve been given the power to just post it themselves.

More people will be able to post to the tracker too as I feel they are good fits for reporting bugs

Moderators and Sr Staff are also people who can be PM'd for issues, but they have their own tasks to do too.

The general idea is to have as many people as possible able to report but keep a clean access to it.

As for the water bug, It should be fixed now, I changed a config that should make the likely suspect of the issue be disabled.
  11. just a suggestion: you could try trac out to see if it fits better for tracking needs...
    http://trac.edgewall.org/
    F/OSS and quite robust.
  12. I thought the issue tracker that has been implented has worked well. So there is no logical reason to switch.
  13. grtaz alex jack and sliken..... however, why can't all people report bugs?
  14. Anyone can report bugs to staff, just these members have helped greatly on the EMc
    Silken_thread likes this.
  15. We make use of Jetbrains software so wanted a full on Jetbrains stack.

IntelliJ + YouTrack + TeamCity all integrate very nicely.
    PandasEatRamen and jkjkjk182 like this.