An idea - possibly boost economy???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Jun 4, 2019.

?

You should join my empire.

Ok 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'm in broski 0 vote(s) 0.0%
wut?? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I am already in it boi 0 vote(s) 0.0%
who tf r u 0 vote(s) 0.0%
why am i here 0 vote(s) 0.0%
what is the meaning of life 5 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello :)

After looking over EMC and how many people have been leaving lately, the economy has really dropped and I think I mi~ght have an idea to *possibly* help some of that.

So, I was thinking of starting up a shop to advertise my empire. (Regno recruit thread) It could include adventure tools and stuff, it could also have items that we've collected ourselves and all the funds would go back towards the empire. So ya, it'd be generally good idea if we're in need of rupees.

Then, as I was thinking about how I could help boost EMC's economy, I remembered an idea that I conjured somewhere up in my brain some time in early 2018:
    Basically it'd be a mall split up in the general sections you have; mob drops & eggs, promos, dyes, ores, etc. I knew I'd never be able to maintain a mall on my own so I'd need workers. But then I was like- but no, that's more money. I know my mall wouldn't be very big or anything so I'd just be wasting moola~
    Then I thought of this: what if I opened up a section to a player to maintain themselves. That would also mean they would get the money from their products.

Is this a good idea? Does it even make sense? Would you buy from this mall or maintain a section yourself? Would this just be "another mall" or would it be better? Does this idea help the economy at all?
    Please give me some feedback so that I can put this in place if it will benefit us in any way, and feel free to make suggestions or ask questions!

EDIT:
    Okay, by reading below almost everyone agrees that it WON'T help the economy. Will this still be a good idea, though?
    luckycordel likes this.
  2. Well, the way EMC works with res'es and towns it just doesn't make much sense for a place people can 'rent.' Its not impossible nowadays because of res sub zones, but that doesn't change the unattractiveness of players renting a space. I have a shop and would never want to put all my stuff in someone elses control. What if you go derelict? What if you decide to steal? How would I prove that? Even if I could I'd have no recourse because EMC rules say you're responsible for your decision to give that kind of control, similar to how you get warned when you give admin to someone.

We all need to be more active in the economy, thats the only way we will fix it, especially considering the leadership is taking a laissez-faire approach.
    Foxy_Kitty, PetezzaDawg, 607 and 3 others like this.
  3. I made this not to talk about how it would work or the subzones, I know I'd have no problem with that. Each section would be a subzone. And they're not renting it, it's their own shop that hold specific products. As per the "unattractiveness", I'd build the section and everything, they would put down the chests and signs, placing their own prices, and they stock it as well.
    It would work a lot more smoothly than your thinking:
    It's like a normal mall but pretty much it has different names above each sign. It's like many different shops inside one efficient place.
    If I would steal, you would know it was me. I'm the only other person with privileges in that subzone. They couldn't steal, they don't have permission anywhere else other than their subzone.

Anyways, please no more technical stuff, I just want to know if it would be helpful, if it would be used, if it would be efficient, etc.
  4. To reiterate what Truman said, why have the shop on your residence with the mall when they can have their own? Finding shops is not very difficult with azoundria's buy/sell portal, and there are many advantages to running one's own shop on their residence.
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  5. We tried that a long time ago with an account called PlayerShops (I forgot who made the account) who created a residence where a bunch of players could make a small, focused shop in one central area. It was actually a really popular thing

If you aren't able to create your own successful shop for whatever reason, having a store in somebody else's successful mall can be beneficial. A popular mall with your shop in it can bring a lot of customers you otherwise wouldn't have gotten
  6. There is already a flea market on utopia, set up of booths of independent vendors. Someone liked this idea it has already been implemented.

It's not my +flea market, so I don't even remember the res number. Sorry.
  7. This was tried on SMP3 before. It used to work, but I don’t see how putting a bunch of shops together boosts the economy.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  8. Thanks for the feedback! I probably won't go through with the idea unless I've really got a lot of time on my hands.
    607 likes this.
  9. 2r tax toward everything and everyone. You walk 2r tax, You talk 2r tax, You craft anything 2r tax, even if you just stand there that 2r tax for every second.

This Tax will go towards The Pebble Horde raining day fund...
  10. Love that Principal Skinner GIF. It punctuates everything you said. lol
    The_Boulder likes this.
  11. This would be a fun idea, so is it like a strip mall, which each player can have a mini shop, if so, i'm all in for that! ut I do think that at least 5% of the months profit from each shop owner, or a small fee(500r) each month, should go to the head of the mall, to keep the mall nice, and maybe some renovations as well.
    Foxy_Kitty and Kryarias like this.
  12. Sounds cool,:cool: I'd be in as long as it's not on my home smp.:D
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  13. People have tried that and others don't seem to be in it but I know that there are some malls where I think you can sell your stuff at
  14. this would only work if there were very few shops across all the smps. the same amount of stuff is going to be bought, just where it is bought will change, and that doesnt help the economy at all. adding more malls to the economy is not going to help revive it (there are already far too many), nor is more people being active in the economy (how are you going to be more active in the economy in the first place, what exactly is there for you to do in the current state of emc other than collect promos or afk a gold farm?) . there isnt enough people that play or enough scarcity of rupees that is required to make emcs economic system work.

emcs economy is a shell of something that worked when emc had a lot more active players and money not floating around as much, the items which used to work to mark the value of the economy have fluctuated so far from the average at the peak of the economy that it just doesnt work anymore. if you really wanted the economy to work again you could get hundreds of new active players and an entire new currency, that might work.

side note: i dont hate the idea, it just isnt going to revive or boost the economy.
  15. The economy is near non-existant at this point. Basically, you play to get stuff for yourself now. If not, you won't get that stuff, since money is nearly not a thing anymore... :\
    Starsphere and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  16. The real issues causing this stagnate economy is the stagnate rate that EMC gains new players. The popularity of MC as a whole although it's "trending" it won't be long. As much as this is a good idea to connect more of the community Kitty... It's not a fix for current issues.

There are other issues regarding other parts of the economy but that's not for this thread