(AMA) 2 Years with EMC

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by AncientTower, Oct 1, 2017.

1. What came first the chicken or the egg?

Ok um real question since you like star wars whats your favourite episode?
    AncientTower likes this.
  2. Tough question cause I'm always about better graphics. So it's always difficult to sit and watch old films.
  3. What's the story behind your IGN (Is it Diablo?), and how long have you been playing Minecraft? I've been playing for about 6 years and even back then I couldn't find a cool name that wasn't taken.
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. I acquired the nickname "Tower" after having worked at a Boy Scout camp for 2 summers as the Climbing Instructor. See at boy scout camps rock walls are built like towers.

I've been playing Minecraft PC since January 2015 well that's when I bought the account according to Mojang. I played PE for a few months before my cousin finally got me to try the PC version.
    607 likes this.
  5. Have you read the book of mine you won yet? ;)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. 3333 please.

What's your favorite hobby? :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  7. I'm sorry, I have not. I haven't collected my mail for a few weeks. I am surprised I didn't get a notification from your post on your AMA. When I log in today I'll read it. :)

Ah, Hobbies! Besides minecraft, I love to take pictures and have been getting into charcoal drawing. During the summers I like spending a lot of time outdoors so camping and hiking is a great hobby. Winters hobbies include reading, snowball fights, and snowman builds.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  8. 2 years... Wow... that's so long... wait a second...

Anyway, do you ever play with game altering mods? If so, which is your favorite?
    AncientTower likes this.
  9. Pretty interesting!

Follow up Question:
    Any cool stories from when you worked an an instructor?

Also I forgot to add a number, I edited it in.
    AncientTower likes this.

10. I actually play with
    :eek: Not really into altering mods. Though some of them are cool, it's just to distracting for me.

Not really, as climbing instructor I was away from the main part of camp. Always out in the woods where the climbing tower was kept. Though we had ninja trees at our camp. The van we used to transport the boys out to the climbing tower would never come back without a new dent. Ninja trees be striking the van with every turn, not one side of the van was safe. :D
    607 and fluffinator09 like this.
  11. So no modpacks?
  12. Nope all vanilla, I don't even have shaders. I have tried them but the scenery is just to different.
    607 and fluffinator09 like this.
  13. Ooh, shinies! What's it like being staff? :p
    I'll take 794 :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  14. Not much different at the moment, a little more attention than before.
    607 likes this.
  15. *than. ;)

Do you have a partner in life?
  16. Thanks for the catch, always keeping us on our best. ;)

Nope totally single right now. I want to focus on my studies and start a solid a career before I dive down the relationship train. Plus a gal could be flirting with me and I'm completely oblivious. I've got to many hangups and ideal types that I need to broaden and/or ignore. In a relationship it's always me and never her. As my family tells me I'm a little to much like the character Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.
    607 likes this.
  17. What made you want to join EMC? Oh and I'll take 32. :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  18. Well when I was first looking into servers to play ( up to this point I only played SP ) I wanted a non faction server. A server that if I built something, it wouldn't be claimed and torn down while I slept. Another factor was I didn't want to run around hiding for my life, so a non pvp server was the ticket. I googled top ten non pvp servers and EMC was one of them. I logged on to the server did the tutorial and got tossed to smp2. It was so inviting and ran in a way that made sense to me that I did not, nor ever feel the need to try another multiplayer server.
    Lockdown32, 607 and Raaynn like this.
  19. Remember to ask your questions and post your number. 12 days left, this iron voucher will be won in 13 days.
  20. 4363

Did you ever think you'd get staff before your 2 year mark?
    AncientTower likes this.