Allow Dragon Eggs to be obtained

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Dec 19, 2020.

?

Agree?

Yes 15 vote(s) 65.2%
No 8 vote(s) 34.8%
  1. Aha. Well, I also thought that you got dragon eggs from respawned dragons, and I also don't recall that dragon tombs were cancelled. :p
    What's the use of dragon eggs anyway? It just looks nice, right?
    Dragon eggs are the rarest obtainable item in Minecraft. Why should they not be the rarest obtainable vanilla item on EMC?
  2. I think the point is they should be rare. But obtainable.
    Dragon Tombs had been cancelled with the meaning that most of our plans have been scrapped so it lacks a clear vision/direction. We would still like to add something dungeon like which could include a dragon.
    But again, we don't have any definitive plans to make such a goal possible. This is how it's been for a while
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  3. Had a pretty cool idea...I know dragon spawning is a thing, but what if you make a “enraged” dragon. Basically an EMC custom dragon which would be A LOT stronger then the normal one. I know the whole point of dragon tomb was to have a BOSS unlike the mini bosses which would need multiple players to kill it.
    Sooooo, my idea is do exactly that. Have the mini bosses drop a new Ultra Rare item (maybe legendary and take dirt destroyer down a rank). Each of the mini bosses would have there own part which would require you to really kill each of the mini bosses rather then just pick one you like. They would each have 1 part (out of 4) and this part would be called for example (weak legs, weak arms, weak tail and weak head) would need to craft with 8 dragon stones (item in middle with strobes around) and this would make the parts “strong”.
    Now that parts are out of the way. We would need 4 players to respawn the dragon. Each player only able to hold one part (maybe right click the strong parts while all 4 are in a group?). When all 4 players active each of there parts the dragon spawns. Fast forward and the dragon is killed, you might ask who gets the egg. Well, the egg won’t always drop it would be rarest item and would require maybe a diff 8 or above from all players to even enable the drop. Would of course have other drops that are cool but the egg would be the hardest to gain. Say the egg is awarded, it should go into the inventory of whatever player does the most damage.

Side notes: Please let the ender blade do more damage to this boss dragon rather then other items, just because how bad of a drop item it is. Also tokens, you can really push the use of tokens with this type of update. Let players buy these dragon parts for maybe 250k tokens each part (a big number to get).

Anyway just my ideas because I love fighting the mini bosses and would love a boss that drops something like an egg!
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  4. Ultimately, that was what Dragon Tombs was trying to be. But with this new information that the idea is scrapped, well it's now up to debate what we should do now
    Ethy202 likes this.

5. While cool idea in concept, what you basically described was Dragon Tombs. It would be a crazy amount of work and time to code and make a custom fight of that magnitude (while it does sound rather interesting). I believe the OP wanted a new method of obtaining the egg that really wasn't in the boat of "Dragon Tombs" since that ship has long since sailed. There will always be another version of Minecraft for the devs to work on, and maybe the base game will eventually give us the perfect opportunity to get the egg?
    607 likes this.
  6. In a way yes I did talk about tombs, but as it is currently the bosses are really getting "boring" and rather easy on diff 10. Plus a lot of items without much use come from those bosses. I understand the coding might be long but again an idea that I think most people who really enjoy both collecting and fighting bosses would love.
    607 and VoidDistortion like this.
  7. Agreed difficulty 10 isn’t too much of a challenge for boss fights anymore.Maybe dragonstones could be discontinued as a drop and something new be added in or just take them out of the equation.
  8. Given all the custom mobs and features we have here I think we already have a Dragon Tomb of sorts that we define for ourselves as we "play our way". I think tying Dragon Stones/Fragments, Tokens, Dragon Eggs and Outposts together somehow would be a terrific next step.

Since Dragon Tombs and Outposts were first mentioned, I've hoped and lobbied for the ability to eventually have areas in the Frontier where we had some of the features that we have in Town. My primary concern has been for some form of Permissions to mitigate griefing and to allow control over who could access and modify my builds in the Frontier.

In my imagination I pictured accomplishing Dragon Tombs and receiving a Dragon Egg, which I would place at the center of my Outpost Town to establish and protect it then, while bathed in its nurturing aura, my friends and I would build a mighty empire.

Perhaps we could craft Dragon Stone Fragments into Dragon Stone Blocks rather than Dragon Stones, and use them in a pyramid for a special Beacon. Some sort of programming magic would happen and the Dragon Beacon would anchor the center of an Outpost or maybe one could instead trade the blocks in for a Dragon Egg. The blocks could also be used for building or decoration.

A Dragon Beacon could initially establish an Outpost then Tokens used to buy items from an EMC Shop to be used to activate features to add to the Outpost's basic characteristics similarly to the way we activate Beacon powers like Haste or Speed now. These features might include the size of the area the Beacon affects, power teleports within the Outpost, allow Vault/Mail access, or allow teleporting to and from Town.

Tokens could be used to purchase item(s) that activate different Dragon Powers of the Beacon. The Beacon activation items could perhaps be Dragon Egg Ingots with different names and colors and maybe place-able as mini Dragon Eggs. I am thinking these could be done using heads similar to the special heads we have now.

Possibly Mini Dragon Eggs could be crafted into a place-able Dragon Egg rather than used for powering a Dragon Beacon. Defeating the current End Dragon, Enraged mobs, and Bosses could reward Tokens, Dragon Stone Fragments, Dragon Stones, Dragon Stone Blocks, or Dragon Ingots. It seems like we could also include these items in the loot-able Chests we find in the Frontier, End, Nether, and possibly Holiday event Chests.

Dragon Beacons could be used to add to or expand the features of an Outpost, or be could moved and placed in new areas as our interests or the focus of our Outposts change as well as to provide Outpost features in other areas like the Wastes or End. Of course we will need to refuel the Beacon if it is moved.

I am not sure when Dragon Stone Fragments were introduced or how I compare to other players, but I have been here since they were introduced in 2012 and have been casually collecting them as I play. If Dragon Stones(Blocks) were a reality and could be used as a Beacon base, I would have around 100 and have over 300k Tokens. One hundred blocks would be enough for one Level 3 Beacon, almost three Level 2's, nine Level 1 Beacons, or some combination.

I expect groups of players would pool their time and resources to accelerate the growth and accentuate the features of their Outposts. I also expect that someone who just joined, if they were determined, could collect enough Fragments and Tokens to upgrade a small Outpost within a reasonable amount of time. I think both of these follow the spirit of play that Dragon Tombs was originally meant to encourage and the use of Tokens discourages simply buying our way into it.

TLDR: I just spent an embarrassing amount of time typing the word "Dragon".
    ThaKloned and stormboy231 like this.
  9. Pad, would love to reply to exactly what you said but feel like it might take up space from others trying to get there point in this thread. Soooo, I do like the idea of combining all of this with the outpost. I would love to see either a token leaderboard or maybe an outpost leaderboard. So when you make an outpost you get to invite members into your outpost/clan and everyone’s tokens from within that outpost represent your outpost name on the leaderboard to give people something to work together towards outside of basic vanilla farming.
  10. Interesting idea Pab, I do like the idea of having the Outpost's center be the heart of the base. (Like the benefits would only be accessible from this central hub?) Just seemed a bit too convoluted for new players to learn and even myself. I had to reread it all to really get a grasp for the complexity and how it all connects to one another. I liked your proposal for the frags to be condensed to blocks rather than a stone. Even if I didn't get enough for an egg, I still think a block is fitting and looks better than a shiny coal.
    607 likes this.
  11. In fairness to Unoski I should have concentrated on Dragon Eggs only in my post above, but in my excitement unleashed a torrent of tangentially related ideas earlier. I think one of the most common reasons players leave the server is that they perceive a lack of things to do or goals. Defeating the End Dragon and obtaining an Egg is one of them. Although we can now defeat the End Dragon, most of us have no access to the symbol of that achievement because of the nature and history of the server.

What if Dragon Eggs were made obtainable but with different colors than the original? I am pretty sure that is relatively simple programming-wise. It would allow the originals to still have their swag value and allow others to have the goal of obtaining them.
    607 likes this.
  12. Unfortunately, custom textures would require a resource pack which the devs have been firmly against using. The only thing color variant would be to have a custom name or lore on the item itself.
    607 likes this.
  13. This isn’t even needed, as the first eggs, when placed become a end crystal (with a base) unlike the normal crystals. So there really shouldn’t be a reason eggs aren’t allowed to be rewarded. Only con to this is players who spent close to 10mil buy those eggs from others, but that’s why I gave my idea to really make it “hard” to get more eggs rather then just kill the dragon upon respawn because years back it was a lot harder to kill anyway.
    607 likes this.
  14. Here's my thought on this: Let's keep it simple.

The issue with Dragon Tombs in the end, was that it was too big and too much. The EMC that existed when Dragon Tombs was originally announced, doesn't exist anymore. We are a smaller but dedicated player base that doesn't have the developmental resources for major updates. With Mojang speeding up releases and making each release a crazy one that requires a ton of work, I think that the community needs to learn to set its expectations in a different light. We need to come up with ideas that can be worked on in tandem with MC updates that won't take a ton of time away from the update itself. That way, we don't see delays in version updates for EMC which are arguably more important than feature updates.

When coming up with ideas on new things to add to EMC, think about what we already have. It's usually a lot easier to take something we already have and reuse it than it is to do something from scratch. We don't need to reinvent the wheel and we don't need a massive update to make this fun.

We have dragon stones and a process in the End to already summon an End dragon. If we could say, let's just use 8 Dragon Stones when we summon the End dragon, and when it dies we get a dragon egg - that's something easy enough to implement that we could actually see it released in 2021. In addition, since we know we have thousands of dragon stones stored all across EMC - release a new item that is also required when we do this process. The collection of that item will limit the speed at which we can get Dragon Eggs, while also allowing us to use our dragon stones finally.

In the meantime, we can just use our tokens for Empires when it comes out.

This way, EMC can just focus on MC development, Empires/Outposts while also adding a fun new feature for people to finally get the dragon egg they've been wanting for years.
  15. Kinda what I said 😋 use those stones in a craft pattern with a new custom item that drops (should be super easy to code). This will both make those stones useful and make it a challenge to get the dragon egg.

16. Perhaps something along the lines of this? (They're Dragon Frags and Stones)

This would create a Charged End Crystal which would then be used in lieu of normal End Crystals to resummon the Ender Dragon. When killed via this way, he would drop an Egg as your reward. This would still make Dragon eggs very expensive and relatively rare. But still allow them to be obtained. This would also incentivize hunting of Enraged/Bosses to gather all the necessary frags/stones (This would take 152 frags according to my proposed recipe [edit: if 4 crystals were still used to resummon]). I feel this would be a healthy balance of rare but renewable.

17. I like that idea it would solve the reason for stones but i think a boss like this would need auto difficulty or very hard to get drops and maybe some type of special ability.Special ability being maybe a new form of attack of some type of special minions.
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  18. Something if this type looks too easy. I get about 50-60 frags from each boss I kill and just throw them on the ground. Needs something harder to obtain in order to keep the egg as a hard to obtain item
  19. What if it used like all the main bosses weapons like a level 1 Gem Enderblade Marlix bow and Momentus Toothpick. The buy in would be much higher can’t imagine the coding side though.
  20. The buy in would be high and it shows you can kill bosses already or atleast have the money to buy boss items.