Allow Dragon Eggs to be obtained

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Dec 19, 2020.

?

Agree?

Yes 15 vote(s) 65.2%
No 8 vote(s) 34.8%
  1. Seriously, it is time to stop artificially inflating the cost of a dragon egg. Make the dragon fight harder, make it longer, just allow dragon eggs to be obtained again, as vanilla Minecraft permits. Hell, make it a difficulty 10 drop.

"But dragon tombs will allow you to get dragon eggs"

You can't seriously argue that when it has been 8 years since the announcement of dragon tombs.

Dragon eggs need to be able to be obtained if you defeat the dragon on difficulty 10, or some other challenging aspect.
  2. As an old veteran player I kind of disagree because of the sentimentality of it all.

But overall I do agree with you, mainly because it is actually a vanilla minecraft feauture now. Perhaps keeping the "OG Eggs" to keep some of the hype but the other "normal eggs" should not hold such value.
    607 likes this.
  3. There are OG eggs.
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/original-dragon-egg/
    CardInAction and 607 like this.
  4. MaglorYavetil and Unoski like this.
  5. Ahh, yes. All the nostalgia is kept. Time to release the eggs for all to obtain, not just the 1%
    ThaKloned likes this.
  6. Perhaps it can be the first egg after each wasteland reset? I just did the SMP5 waste end. To prevent fighting, whenever tanks the most damage gets the egg?
  7. I'm trying to guide us away from the first come, first serve mentality. I think it would be nice to allow more casual oriented players to obtain a dragon egg.
  8. Just an idea I had, but no idea if it can be coded or not. Maybe it would be the reward for completing *all* vanilla achievements on one SMP. It's a very hard challenge to actually get all of them complete. So then you would be rewarded with a one per player dragon egg with perhaps like Voter armor, your name on it. To help not just pollute the market with "Dragon Egg." Idk, just a thought
    Fred_TWK, raainbow and sonicol like this.
  9. I agree. Time to make eggs availible to the rest of us. Most people just want the egg as it looks great to display. There is no reason is can't be named something else if need be to make it more of a common item and it keeps the OG eggs as is.
  10. I don't recall seeing this matter discussed before. Personally, I am indifferent on it. I am curious to see what people think! :)
  11. Like Cyberazaz101 suggested, I believe it should still be incredibly difficult to obtain, as it was originally planned- you know- a Dragon Tombs item. It's incredibly likely that the dragon egg will be made obtainable around then, but "then" may not come within the next 5 years.
    sonicol likes this.
  12. My main issue is vanilla feature being taken away for no good reason. It’s not fair to punish late comers.
    sonicol likes this.
  13. I was sitting this suggestion out to see what people had to say. But I have to push back against this. Where do you think the original dragon eggs came from? From when the first ender dragon was beat on the server way back when. In a vanilla server (since you say this is a vanilla feature)... there is only ever one dragon egg. There is zero opportunity to get a second one without creative mode. Spinning this as EMC punishing late comers is misleading at best. By your claim, we are 'punishing' our players by not adding a feature which you claim is taken away. A contradiction.

So the only alternative I can figure, is that you are criticizing the choice for the regenerated wastelands end not giving a dragon egg. Which would have been a fair argument if that is what was said - but was not. Also not an ideal solution since it suffers the same flaw that the vanilla mechanic. Just whoever is online at the time of the reset. "punish late comers"

Who is "You"? I don't know anyone arguing this point. Dragon tombs is not only, not in development, but we are actively not making plans for it. This has been the case since Mojang reworked the Ender Dragon fight over 4 years ago.

Don't take my above criticisms as a criticism towards the purpose of this suggestion "Allow Dragon Eggs to be obtained". Just solving that problem has not been made a priority partially for lack of a good idea. So community, please suggest away.
  14. Why do reset wastelands not give you a dragon egg?I apologize if it’s simple and i sound naïve but i’m not sure why they don’t.
    607 likes this.
  15. The reason it wouldn't is due to the mad rush and fighting it would invoke on the servers. Imagine 10 people hop into the End just to get the single egg. Who would get it? It's hardly fair and it doesn't solve the problem of "first come first serve" when it comes to the egg.
    607 likes this.
  16. Yes the change has happened 4 years ago. That's why Unoski is driving home with his points. We as a community has voted empires first over Dragon Tombs because at that point, it was a meme where nothing was really pushed in development. Now Mojang had implmented this change and yes, the 1% who have the eggs now aren't going to let go of them easily, loosing a point in battling the dragon in the first place.

A very simple addition to add back eggs is to rename them as "Dragon Egg Clones". (Or something similar) Still function as eggs but clearly state they aren't the original ones of the smps as well as the players who didn't switch them over to "Original Dragon Egg promos", they wouldn't loose value either becaus they are accounted for
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. I can dig it. :cool:
  18. I apologize. I don't know where, but I could have sworn you get one every time you defeat the dragon. I now know that this is wrong, and I rescind my previous comments. Furthermore, this is something I think is worth looking into. Possibly as a trophy of sorts.

The comment was primarily meant for anybody who would propose such a thing. But it is good to know that Dragon Tombs is unlikely to resurface. What will happen to Dragon Stones and such?

Reworking the primary thread to move the discussion to that. Personally, I think it should be a challenge reward. I'd recommend just defeating the ender dragon on difficulty 10 makes one worthy enough for the reward.
    ConductorConduit and 607 like this.
  19. I kinda liked the idea if you completed all achievements a reward not necessarily an egg this is off topic and currently impossible but it would be interesting to see.
  20. I'd be interested in some kind of super-endgame dungeon, though. Perhaps instead of being based upon the dragon, be based upon the Nether and the End?

I do understand empires first tho, thats fine