Aikar "Economy Destroying" Drop Party 7PM EST

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yea its pretty ridiculous how it is all based on connection and luck :/ stand on something for a long while and someone snatches it....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. A server broadcast was sent out a few hours before.
    Equinox_Boss and Damiensmom11 like this.
  3. 3 Vault and Stable Vouchers, 2 Aikar heads, 1 Incitatus, 2 Saltar, 1 Valens, 2 Promo Instructions, 1 Turkey Slicer, and 3 diamond blocks! No open for selling/trade.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I just got in and this is chat:
    Thx Aikar!
    Thanks a ton Aikar
    #Thanks Aikar
    My timing :/
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. #DatLag
    found myself and porphyrian
    aikar drop party finder.png
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. 1 Saltar, 1 ID Firework, 63 diamonds, 4 golden apples, and a promo instruction :p

Thankies Aikar. Now I can finally sleep...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Minecraft crashed >.>.>.>
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. MC crashed..
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. First time I have ever not been able to connect. Supporters use to be guaranteed a spot.
  10. They still are.
    There was some network issues.
    Equinox_Boss and vividOptimism like this.
  11. Can we have another one? For all the people who had guests over and are polite enough to not sit at their computers...?
  12. It's all good. I wanted a head for a friend, Haha.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Actually, the problem is when you move its instant to you, but its not instant on the server.

So, what happened was someone else actually got their first, so the server gave it to them, and you wont 'see' that they got there until the server catches up.
    Equinox_Boss, 00void and kevdudeman like this.
  14. There is never a time when everybody is available. You just have to play it be chance.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Sorry for the lag everyone... Mojangs new network manager is the fault for this :(

Spigot added this a long time ago but I always opted for us to not use it on EMC, but Mojang made it the default one in 1.7 and removed the old... So were forced.

Essentially, the server wasn't lagging, but the network manager was overloaded. It had trouble sending all of the data out due to the design... So it was just backlogged with data that slowly went out, is why everything was lagged behind.

We've had 200 on before w/o this much lag, makes me sad :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I had it on an hour interval broadcast for many hours today. Just forgot to put up the thread.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Is it possible at all to edit the network manager?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Well I did modify the vanilla one when we chose to not use the new netty one, but now to make our own mods will be essentially making one from scratch...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Would it be worth coding one from scratch? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've worked with with Java and C# before but not at all experienced with network code :/
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.