[Ads, what kinds are YOU getting?!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AmusedStew, Mar 20, 2013.

1. I dunno if we can blame all the Dragon Cave stuff but I noticed I am also getting ads for Dragons of Atlantis now. "GET THREE SSDs FREE." and ads for Centurylink which is my ISP.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. What's wrong, blind Empire Minecraft user? You haven't fallen victim to the bandwagon effect, have you? :D
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  3. Australia's Smartest VPS....
    Some sort of website hosting.
  4. copherfield, copherfield, copherfield!

Am I cursed yet?

Haha. Anyway
    HylianNinja is right (Although it does sound like something from Harry Potter :p). If you fear his name, then he succeeded. There have been worse people in the world than someone who failed at whatever he did (I really only remember his long rant). And besides, It's just a name.
    Back on topic: I have adblock, but before I used to get server hosting ads and whatever Google says I love.
  5. Find hot Singapore women?..
  6. Oh boy, here we go again. *Sigh*
  7. Or single mums :p
  8. I used to run ad block, however, it always derps after a day or two and completely ignores my white-list. Which is annoying because I support several sites with their ads and when adblock decides to ignore my white-list, the sites get no revenue.. :(
    But the ads I have been getting:
    RackSpace
    The Settlers Online
    GameManager
    PrepareWise
    SoftLayer
  9. A while ago, i kept getting Chinawomen :confused: It was like "Meet Chinese women today" (dating)
  10. That would come in handy since I gave my wife to SMP5 yesterday.
    britbrit3197 likes this.
  11. The Asian ladies want you too eh?
  12. I get the ads on my nexus. I see the monkey bread a lot. Just now I have one inviting me to sue my bank...
  13. No one is actually afraid at him, SoulPunisher cursed his name, so we just find it fun to call him "He who shall not be named" or whatever.
  14. Turned off Adblock. Google disturb me...
    "Find hot single mums today!"
    "Single chinese ladies waiting for a date"
    "The St. Helen's strip club" (My local strip club...I know where it is...)
    "Durex 'For him, for her'" (Wait...what? 0-e)

The only normal one i've got is an ad for Rackspace.
  15. Nikon cameras, usually. lol
    someones computer is being used to nasty things. 0.o
  16. But...but... I'm the only one who uses my computer 0.0 I flip one when somebody uses it. The last time I let somebody use my old computer, it died the next day.
    I don't know if advertisements are based around what people on your network look at... What's my dad been doing on the iPad? 0-e
  17. ads are only generated by the things you look up, the websites you visit, and so on. like mine, Nikon cameras.
  18. I don't...
    I wouldn't...

Why the hell is Google reccomending condoms to a kid who's a month away from 13?
    battmeghs likes this.
  19. do you download torrents from the pirate bay?
  20. Legal torrents, yes. And through a VPN...PirateBay is blocked in my country.