A note to all Bonus Chest buyers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Please be extremely careful when buying bonus chests. There ARE ways for people to know what items are in a chest before they open it, and there's nothing stopping them selling you only chests with fairly worthless stuff in (eg: obsidian, TNT). It's a really bad idea to buy a chest "that definitely contains a supporter voucher" too - have the person open the chest themselves, then buy the voucher off them.

If you suspect you've been scammed, report it in the usual way, but obviously, you need to protect yourself with this sorta thing.
    battmeghs, Olaf_C, sambish20 and 21 others like this.
  2. Most buyers are buying to collect and have them sitting there for a very long time and then sell them for a major profit in the distant future.

But there are those few that you mentioned :p
    MrMazeRunner, Gawadrolt and Drmadfate like this.
  3. I was waiting for someone to say this!
  4. how can you tell whats in them before you open them?
    MrMazeRunner and goreman2000 like this.
  5. That's irrelevant.
    Luckypat, MrMazeRunner, 607 and 6 others like this.
  6. The best way to find out is to open all of them.
  7. Knew I saw a meme for this at one time... :p
  8. I'm sure if you ask around you can find out rather easily his to tell. You would have to have quite a few to tell and there are some that you are very unlikely to know what is in them anyways
    MrMazeRunner likes this.
  9. I was going to point this out until I saw this:
    and I assumed that it should be as hidden as possible. We do not want more people to find out about it and use it to their advantage.
    JackBiggin and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  10. :oops:

I completely overlooked that part, but fortunately others did not. In the mean time I also quickly briefly altered another one of my posts so that it doesn't give away too much info.

Thanks for the heads up.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  11. Bonus chests are not permitted to be sold. As the buyer cannot know for sure what is in it all sales are forbidden at this time. ~MrSocks75
    tuqueque and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. I wish you good luck in enforcing this lol.
  13. so, if i have a name of someone who had asked to buy chests off of me for 1,000 rupees each? is that an attempted scam even though i just ignored them?
    607 likes this.
  14. lel ive already bought 30 come at me brah
    607, Bro_im_infinite and Trucker454 like this.
  15. I wouldn't take it too seriously as there is no given economy range, But if you do see anyone buying/selling please warn them.
  16. ive already bought a stack and a half m8 Bro 1, economy 0
    TigerstarMC, 607, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.