A Call to return to the roots of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ignoramoose, Jun 12, 2012.

1. A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.

2. rupees are kinda pointless unless ur buying stuff
  3. what happened to minecraft eyyy
  4. i totally agree.
  5. Well, my view is that with a money system, it means this. Work hard at one point, so you can be lazy at another. It works like this in real life. You work hard at work, so you can support your family. However, you are to lazy to raise animals, plant a farm, ect all yourself, since it is ALOT of work. So you pick the lazy way, and buy it. Of course, back then, we didnt have a lazy option. So guess what? We do it all the hard way.
  6. Great job you bumped an old post from June!
  7. Lol. Well, it is still a problem. And its only june. Unlike a mods bump from like, 4 months ago.
  8. With me being a game developer, I understand this. When I was last working on a game (about a week ago) I realised I made the game a little too 'money' (XP) orientated. This is what EMC is, but any other game, like CoD has this burnout effect. When you buy the game, you think
    "Yay, lets kill some newbs!!!"
    Then you unlock all of the guns, complete the campaign and earn all of the achievements, and the game isn't fun anymore.

You can't really fight against it. I, personally, worry about my rupees quite often, even though I have 12k rupees, but then you see people with 10k rupees and they're all chill, and these people quite often have the 'best' reses.
    Nobody really uses the wilderness anymore, because all of the resources have been farmed and it's not uncommon to see a person with 15 diamonds in stock for cheap prices, because they're so abundant, and the reason why they're abundant is because they can just go buy some more diamonds from someone else's store.
    IamSaj likes this.
  9. I have a shop on smp6 13130, I have had a shop since i came to EMC. to begin with it was a way for me to earn some rupees so I could buy stuff. i did well and a few months ago I reached 350k, but you see its not all about what I make or have that make the game for me its what you can do for other ppl, so I gave away 50k to a couple of friends then travelled around the server if I found a nice res that someone had worked hard on I donated to them 1k. i did this for some time, then ppl would ask me could I donate to them so I did in the end over time I gave away around 150k to ppl and got about 10 x tnx for it.

Most can't even be bothered to say ty. Someone asked me if I could get them a silk touch pickaxe and they would give me everything they had, mostly junk I said no, then someone else was selling one for 5k so I bought it and gave it as a gift to the person they at least said ty, but before long they wanted more.

The reason I say all the above is, i know i am not the only one who gave like that and I am not the only one who no longer gives like that anymore.

What I do now is simple, I set my shop us so ppl can supply to me and earn the rupees they want, if that is they can be bothered. Sad to say not many can be, but i do not donate any more, if they cannot be bothered to work and earn the rupees like you have had to do why should I give it to them. i never ever asked for a donation of any kind ever, I worked for everything.

I filled my shop with item at a fair price, some ppl complain most likely the same ppl that want everything for nothing.

i am not the only shop owner that has had grief from ppl because I have a nice shop that I built on my own as a service for other players.

I did close my shop once for a few days sold and gave away all my stock, because of this attitude "its all about the rupees to you" It really got to me, then I thought how dare you, this is my game, this is how I play my game providing a service for other players making my shop accessible to all, am I not entitled to make a profit for all my hard work.

So many shop's good shops are closing because of this, atm I am also thinking the same. but I kept mine open because the server needed it at the time.

I bought up stock from all over the place and make very little on it now, if anything as I make a loss on some items and then ppl want discounts.
    redletuce likes this.
  10. Hi there,

I've come to smp6 few weeks ago after I've played with a friend on his account for a while.

I wondered why the big shops can have such a high margin - up to 100% and more.
    If this can work, I thought, then I'll have no problems establishing a successful shop.
    And so it was, "Miners' Discount", 12162 @ smp6 was born and I've learned a lot through it during the last few weeks.

So for me, it is not about rupees, it is about learning something new, economy, development, interaction with other people, making deals, giving jobs, building together...

(BTW, a new Web-Based exchange / auction system would disturb or even destroy a significant part of interaction and communication between players that develops around buying and selling, jobs and deals.)

Players who sit on hundreds thousands of rupees just miss a big part of the game and a big opportunity.

I'll try to find a different way - a way to use the rupees in the most useful way - for change and development.
    I have few projects in mind, all of them have a common denominator - organize people to build something together.

One limiting factor is the chat in MC - improved chat system would greatly improve interaction between players.

If you have a burn out from making too much rupees, you just need to discover the game again - to find a new challenge and to see the next logical step. You're not playing MC alone here, you're not playing against other players, you're playing together with other people.

Have fun!
    MM :)
  11. A very simple tip big shop's big prices, why? for me very simple answer it forces ppl to open shops to be cheaper and it works because in there mind they are under cutting you they are earning rupees. Your right when you have a lot you can buy what you want when you want, the trick is how to help other ppl, trust me I have tried this way is the one that works though, i set my prices to correct amount for selling bulk and being in stock.

i am happy if ppl sell below my price because it make them feel good that their shop is working

:D
  12. hey now...your blocks do not run off...they simply are misplaecd by you in a place other than the shop
  13. I am 302 EMC days old, I haven't gotten "tired" of EMC!!!:p
  14. Tired of everybody posting these but not doing anything to change it. Be the change you want to see in the servers, people. Speak up. Make some trouble. Going with the flow won't change anything. Who cares if you have to be the devils Advocate? It gets people talking. Stop making posts and take action.
  15. Did you even read it? My post / the first line that is? The post is talking about exactly what you said? It's talking about going away from the flow and looking at the game in a different light.

I feel like you've accidentally written a summary, after not reading the book.
    jkjkjk182 and sneeker134 like this.
  16. Agreeed.
  17. How to not have to worry about rupees and still enjoy the game:

1. Build an Exchange with an alt
    2. Make shop signs with an alt
    3. Send all rupees and items to alt
    4. Stock exchange with items
    5. Make sure enough capital exists in exchange
    6. Don't touch alt (Unless logging in to keep from res deletion)
    7. Play MC on normal acct
    8. ???
    9. Profit
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  18. Or own 1 account, like a normal person.
  19. Must you insist on insulting every one of my posts?

I simply made a suggestion, no need to be an arse about everything.