4th Annual Celebratory Occasion

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by KatydidBuild, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Oct 20, 2018 -- I joined Emc.
    Been in-game at least once a week (or better) ever since! Lately my irl stuff has gotten a little chaotic and often I cannot meet a schedule to get online. Example, missed a few event parties and firefloor attendance falling off, etc.

I am embracing the randomness. Next few days I will pop online when I can, through the Thanksgiving weekend time, and will commence to giving out some gifts or other silliness. Some of this will be on forums and some will be live in chat.
    Hardest thing anyone has to do, is to think or type 😄

Pick A Letter: A to Z or 1 to 9 including zero

https://empireminecraft.com/threads...-or-1-to-9-including-zero.86635/#post-1621048

Pick A Number : 1 through 9

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/pick-a-number-1-through-9.86634/#post-1621115

Such as:
    One event will be random number choice for where to go in the Wild to go find ... *thing*. I have a timer of 20 minutes to look. Place chosen by numbers from next forum post and then a random number chooser:: the chat may vote on the timer from 10 seconds to 20 minutes (not found) for me to find the *thing*. Closest to timer gets mail from me (poisonous potato or better ?)

I have a few ideas already, but happy to take suggestions if anyone has any good ones, please add them below and we will see if they might work out. [ Boss vs Katy ? Sure why not? But knowing that the Marlix will pummel me into a porcupine takes lots of the fun out of it, next idea! ]

See? Perfectly random and unscheduled. This all for good, clean fun.
    This thread will keep track of the "mini events" and prizes/winners.
  2. Events board:

To be updated during the weekend.

#1 Scavenger Hunt: Random Number generator was used to choose AnonReturns and Skeletin's (mailed a small prize) thread posts equating to : Smp8 and Waste SW. The letter chosen from the thread was Raaynn's (mailed a small prize) choice of R. ==> Overworld block beginning with R was debated in chat. Based on the smp8 SW spawn being all water, redstone ore was chosen to find.
    TecTock guessed the closest time of 7min. FredTWK came in 2nd place with 5min.
    Took 9 minutes to locate and I forgot to put on my helmet. Tec and Fred were awarded rupees.
    =================
    #2 was a Vault scavenge. Based on random number generator, L name was chosen (post by Dreacon78: mailed a small prize) and the L beginning player name in chat who responded was Litgamerdude. Choice of a vault prize was a stack of concrete!

#3 was another Vault scavenge. Based on random letter generator this time (low replies to the pick a letter thread), C name was chosen and the C beginning player name in chat who responded was Christina80. Choice of a vault prize was a stack of spruce signs!
    ==================
    #4 was a Vault scavenge. Based on random number generator, B name was chosen (post by AnonReturns: mailed a small prize) and the B beginning player name in chat who responded was Builder11257. Choice of a vault prize was a shulker kit containing Deep dark items!

#5 was another Vault scavenge. Based on random letter generator this time (low replies to the pick a letter thread), I name was chosen and noone with an I starting name = redraw.
    this time Z was chosen. The Z beginning player name in chat who responded was Zegridathes. Choice of a vault prize was declined. An alternate rupee award was sent.
  3. I can make the prizes very worthwhile for participants, so get brainstorming!
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  4. This sounds amazing!
  5. I'm glad you're here! :D
  6. Congrats on 4 years! This sounds fun. :D
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  7. Pick a server 1-9 and then you have to hide and people have to find you? Maybe keep it in the wastes of that server and only above ground? First one to find you wins? Or maybe some sort of "scavenger" hunt?
    607 likes this.
  8. First Scavenger Hunt for Find a Block in the Survival was held.
    Mild Bumps and Learning Curve.
    :) Remember kids to always put on your Diamond pajamas when going out into the scary stuff.
    Rookie mistake to forget my Helmet and not pack food :( Plan to do better next time.
    Need more letter votes for the next couple of giveaways. And you may use your alts for Both of the Random Letter or Number choices. Thanks!!
  9. And .... hit a snag in my weekend.
    We had an extended family member pass away this weekend. So there is more bumps on this road.

So taking a moment to gather ourselves back together and prepare for a "something" on the morrow.

Bump for Wednesday!!
    607 likes this.
  10. Gave away some rupees tonight and accidentally went out into the waste in Diff 10 :eek:
    Managed to survive but didn't like it

Still got some stuff to give away. Vote on the number/letter links if you haven't yet. Alts allowed!
    607 and TECtock like this.
  11. Planning to give away some more stuff through Monday, so this is your reminder to pick a letter if you haven't already.
  12. Go Katy! Congratulations on 4 years!
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  13. Ah, I see what you wanted to use the character picks for, now!
    KatydidBuild likes this.