1000 days of EMC AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fred_TWK, Dec 15, 2023.

1. As next week it will be 1000 days since I first logged in here.
    To celebrate I'll be here answering questions you might have for me (with the usual caveat that I reserve the right not to answer questions I might find too personal).

After NYE I'll send a copy of my head to a random user that in the meanwhile has asked an interesting question :D
  2. Congrats on 1k days!! If you could live anywhere in the world (cost, etc. isn't an issue), where would you live?
  3. probably Iceland, right amount of cold, plus not that many neighbours.
    Acemox2k, LindenNZ, ultipig and 4 others like this.
  4. Heya Fred, Happy 1000th day!

If you got stranded for real at your outpost, and had only brought along one album to listen to.... which would it be??
  5. Congratss!

If you could have only 1 dish for the rest of your life.. What would it be and why?
  6. thanks :)

It's very difficult for me to answer such a question. I need different music in different situations :D
    I guess that in the past I would have been ready to jump on any album from either Opeth or the Ayreon project.
    I still love everything they released, but in the meanwhile my taste has a bit evolved to include heavier stuff that I would not care about in the past, such as Anaal Nathrakh, and recently I am getting more and more into Igorrr. But this is just a sample, I follow 300+ artist :oops:

Easy.
    Pizza. You can have it with so many toppings that is hardly the same dish all the time :D
    But no pineapple, or banana.
  7. 1000 days.. a milestone for sure and so glad you're here. =D

I guess my question would be .. What brought you to emc & how did you find us? Also, what's the thing or things that have made you want to stay?
    Acemox2k, Equinox_Boss and Fred_TWK like this.
  8. I see.. we got a smart man overhere..o.(o)

Equinox_Boss and KatydidBuild like this.
  9. A mix of pandemic and word of mouth.
    We were looking for a place to play with distant friends, and one of them found this server on one of the voting websites.
    Pandemic is also how I started playing minecraft (a whole 3 months before joining here)

I stay because I like making giant builds, and the outposts system/grief protection really helps with getting a space and knowing it won't get destroyed by an edgy teen.
  10. first of all I feel old your currently on day 998 I'm on day 1099
    almost a 100 days more I feel so old
    but the question is how old do you feel compared to your age
    Acemox2k and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. I guess I feel my age?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I read Daanhu's post and wonder if daan is old enough for his comments or if I am just too old to hear them. (jk)

I have often wondered what is the TWK for in your name?

Now for the 'real' question:
    You have been building large builds above water and under water, on hillsides and where mountains once stood. You seem to love the pallette of blocks to suit the color and texture for what you are trying to capture but not playing favorites. A new block is coming (finally) the tuff bricks, polished and chiseled. If these blocks would make a former build any better, would you rework/demolish/rebuild ... let's call it 'adjust' that build to make use of the new blocks?
  13. The Witch King (I'm a bit of a nerd). Hence also the theme of my main res and skin.

I am most definitely planning on using tuff bricks for my utopia res, but as far as old builds are concerned, I will probably leave them be for a long time.
    Doing stuff from scratch is fine, modifying existing builds is a nightmare for my brain.:oops:
    Acemox2k and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. I have not had success trying to adjust a build to make use of different blocks. Usually regret the whole thing mid-project and just scrap it. Which leads to the paralysis-of-building before an update. What if I like a new block better? Maybe just wait to make this or that.

Real life problems explained by Minecraft ... the marriage fish was just the first of many such enigma of modern life.
  15. I just wanted to chime in and say .. I absolutely love that! =D
    Acemox2k and Fred_TWK like this.
  16. Happy 1000 days!

If you had to live in one video game world for the rest of your life would you choose Minecraft, or something else?
    Acemox2k and Fred_TWK like this.
  17. uuuh
    BrĂ¼tal Legend because of the music?
    Otherwise I spent way too much time playing various WarHammer40k games, Fallout, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but boy one world is worse than the other :D
    I guess Minecraft in peaceful mode could be a good solution.
    LindenNZ and Acemox2k like this.
  18. do u wachts starwars
    Acemox2k likes this.
  19. Congrats on 1000 Days of EMC!!!! I love that the forum is tied to the game. Your post prompted me to see just how old my guy is.... well turns out its a bit more than 1000.

I have enjoyed the easy pace that EMC allows, so I can be as involved or as hermit as I like. This is a good match for me and I will probably be buried under the server someday.

My question is: EMC has been a good match for you so far, but will this offering be enough to keep you going in a few years from now? If not (sneaky second question...) what would be your ONE big change to keep you coming back?
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  20. nah, not really.

I definitely have enough stuff planned out to keep me busy for several months if not a couple of years, so for the moment I am good.
    I would really love to insta-mine deepslate, though.
    TECtock, Tuqueque and Acemox2k like this.