1.7 Wild Reset for Slower Servers?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by DrewRadio, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Should we reset the Frontier after the 1.7 update?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2013.
Yes, but only a few select servers 5 vote(s) 10.6%
No 30 vote(s) 63.8%
No, but yes if I get to keep my bases and outposts 6 vote(s) 12.8%
Reset all of them 6 vote(s) 12.8%
  1. Alright let me cover some things:
    1. people do not want to spend a hour just for a chance at a new biomes
    2. We can possibly have a poll Containing these choices:
    *Yes
    *Yes, although I will have to rebuild my wild base
    *No, I spent a lot of time on my wild base.
    3. This can be solved by make a new Wilderness outpost ( possibly 1m blocks out? )
    4. Although many of you are saying " it will destroy many creations ", it will also destroy all of the griefed abandoned buildings/ Dirt huts that we all know and love.
    5. You can recreate your wild base the same way, with additions, or completely different.
    6. People say that Wastelands reset it good enough, and you know what? It isn't. If we build a mansion or a wild base out there it will only last like a few weeks. It was made for scavenging materials.
    7. When wastelands were introduced I think the wild should of had a final reset because there are still strip mines and destroyed wild out there.
    :)
    DrewRadio likes this.
  2. How can i tell you spend 90% of your time in town? you think 1 million blocks is easy, have no respect to the wild people,a nd honetsly, if frontier resets, i dont see why Town cant reset :)
  3. I do spend most of my time in town atm, and you simply misunderstood me. 1 Million blocks for the OFFICIAL EMC Outpost ( the ones you teleport to ) and I do have tons of respect. I just think that come more biomes, people will possibly create even better stuff and it will get rid of the griefed buildings. Oh and the last part just sounds really dumb. ( could not think of a better term )
  4. I think he means that since all the efforts of people who have spent their time building up the Frontier would have to be reset, there's no reason why people who spend time in town should be treated more favorably.
  5. Aside from the fact that, in the tutorial, the town in labelled as the only safe place to build?
  6. Safe from grief? Yes. Safe from being reset? Not sure if it said that.

Anyway, it was also said that the Wilderness Frontier would never be reset, so why would EMC go back on their word?
  7. Suppose people go to servers for the biomes-
    They resource strip them and run with the materials, never to be seen there again.
    Staff have stated that wild will never be reset because it is for wild outposts only. A 8k nether walk won't kill you if you know what your doing.
  8. Guess what happens within a week after a wild reset. Yup, the strip mines and destroyed wild would be back already, so there would be a need for a world reset again, which after a week...well, you get it...
  9. I just don't see the sense in updating "one last time", because we all know this topic comes up every single time we have an update. There never will be "one last time".

But I would like to build and explore in the new areas somewhere other than on a Wasteland server. I think some new Outposts that extend out into unexplored areas after this next update would satisfy most of us. It would give everyone access to the new biomes on the Frontier servers and it would make it convenient for people to build there and still travel to and from Town.

We would have to be careful not to place them near existing builds so we don't disturb those who have gone to the trouble to try and get away from the crowd. A poll and some Live Map research could help determine what distance most people are comfortable with.

We would probably also have to start naming them using some other method than North, South East, and West too.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  10. I love the people who live in the wild but when the wastelands came it still left major damage on the /wild and plus much more can be achieved with the new biomes and new features.
  11. pab raises an excellent point
  12. Everybody at some point in their life will a make commitment to something that they shouldn't have. People get married with the intention that they'll be together forever. But it doesn't always work out.

If EMC reset the wilds in the name of improved biomes and terrain, I don't think people would feel like they were like a cheating spouse. No one thought that Mojang would be doing such an extensive biome update so soon. I'm sure it was easy to say "never ever" when thinking that there would be no reason to even debate resetting the frontier with the newly created wastelands.

I feel the 1.7 update will be so good that it at least warrants this debate. Every update since 1.2 did not need a wild reset. The wastelands solved that problem. So there was no debate. But an overhaul of the biome and terrain generation should at least be discussed.

Remember, a lot of married people cheat on there spouses because they are unhappy in that relationship. People are unwilling to evolve when things go stale to make each other happy.
  13. Please... No reset debates! The 1.3 reset debates were horrible (I contributed a lot to that horribleness, unfortunately). They were almost as bad as politics, except they were about a game we were supposed to enjoy. I may be one of the few who remembers, but it was the most unproductive debate series that I have ever witnessed on EMC.

Rather than start a debate for resetting the frontier, I think a good idea would be make new spawns (outposts) 1 million blocks out in each direction.
  14. ^id totally be down for that
    BilboBaggins23 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. I think you took my analogy more seriously than I intended it.

One of the things you said upstream was that we would reset this time then the people who built after this reset would be safe from more resets.

If you want to continue the analogy, some people would never cheat regardless of the situation. It sets a precedent that is hard to avoid repeating when you inevitably find yourself unhappy in a relationship again. Relationships work that way as none of them are perfect. It also instills doubt in the person cheated with so they could never fully trust you to not do to them what you had done to your former one and only.

In other words, as long as there are updates, people are going to want to reset. Even the people voting "No" in your poll probably have a little desire in their heart to do it. I know I do. If we do it just this "one last time", we will forever be doing it just "one more time". No one will have the confidence to build anywhere outside of Town because they can no longer trust whether this last time is really the last time or instead just the last time until next time we have an update.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I probably did take your analogy too serious, and you are right about maintaining trust. But maybe we shouldn't look at it like a marriage between two people. Since we have to make current and long time EMC members happy while making it appealing for new users who want 1.7 biomes, the marriage analogy doesn't work.

That being said, I wasn;t here for the 1.3 debate, so I have no idea what it was like and I don't want to frustrate other EMC players by going on about resets. I have absolute faith in the people that run these servers to keep it fun and exciting. I just have a crush on ice spikes :) I
    jkjkjk182 and Pab10S like this.
  17. Well im sorry, but 90% of the community doesnt come to the wild to sit around and look at a biome. We dont care about ice spikes; mesa biomes; redwood forests, all of those, the community can care less about. Wanna see those biomes? Than go to single player.
  18. Dear drew radio,

I pretty much disagree with all of this

From Oidking
  19. You've done a survey then? I would say more people than you think care about new biomes. Some of us go to the wild to explore and find treasures. The wastelands is tiny and explored pretty quick and the wild is getting bigger and bigger with uncharted territory further and further out. I want to bring my treasures to town, and it's a long walk. While I disagree that the wild should be reset, I think the idea of having to go to single player to explore is a bit silly.