1.3 Woes

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that is why i am not logging on right now
  2. Herbrin3... Wow, I don't know why you are getting such a bad spout of luck...
  3. I don't think I am; just, I play more - I've been on for about 15 hours today. Lots of people are reporting the bugs, but I guess I see it more simply because I'm here longer.

Most of it, to be honest, I could cope with.

But... the worst, really, is losing the stuff I spent hours mining last night.

I was looking forward to another mining session now (at the same place) - but if it'll all just maybe disappear, I can't see any point :-(
  4. I know other people are experiencing these bugs, I just think your experiences really suck - pardon my language :)
  5. The stuff listed in this thread is exactly why I haven't been online. :/ I hate not getting on but I don't want to chance losing anything. I check to see if the bugs have been fixed but if Herbrin3 is losing this stuff it's obvious it's not been fixed. Is this a plug-in issue? Mojang issue? People are not going to want to play if this is happening and all they are told to do is wait :/ Even if that is the answer.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. IDK if this will sound crazy, but...

I could live with losing some glowstone that I'd bought from somewhere. Sure, it's painful to lose it, but I'd cope.

A stack of coal ores, 32 stacks of logs... whatever; I have more. I'll live.

But the emerald ore, I spent 7 hours getting that. A massive mining-trip I'd planned for days. Lots of adventures, and I almost died several times.

It was my first emerald ore - I'd been hoping to go on that trip for days and days, but not had time.

I very nearly died on the way home, but I made it.

And for that to vanish through a stupid bug.... that's just.... aargh.

And sure, I could just go and buy some emerald ore; I have the money. But... that's not the point.

Does anyone understand that, or am I really just going loopy?
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  7. Oh i understand perfectly. I've lost count of all the stuff I've lost because of the bug. Has Empire heard from Bukkit or Mojang lately if they have solved this problem?
  8. The second I know that we have news/updates/fixes on this, I will post it on the forums.
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. Ive put away all of my valuables and havn't touched them since the update. Anything I mine of importance (Diamond ore, lapis ore, etc) I have been selling off as soon as i return from expeditions so i dont run the chance of it disappearing. Its very frustrating but we must continue on!

On another note, has anyone else experienced difficulty selling stuff to stores? I cannot sell to stores on SMP6 but other servers are fine.
  10. I haven't had any issues selling to stores other than the fact that I can't click the signs with any items in my hand otherwise the selling won't happen... but I can buy with items in my hands.

I also haven't lost anything in any of my chests either though.
  11. I had something similar to this happen last night. I accidentally bought something and couldn't sell it back to the same chest even though the sign was set up correctly. I think I did have something in my hand at the time.

I just tested this at a shop and found I could buy and sell regardless of what I had in my hand. It wasn't this way last night though. Weird.
  12. Stuff can disappear/be "reset" in the wild, too.

I just went out on a simple trip to get lava; put down a chest, and left 32 iron blocks, an unb 3 eff 4 pick, an ender-chest and some other stuff. Took lava home, came back, and the whole cave had "reset" - the chests were gone. It wasn't stolen; it just vanished. (ie, blocks I'd broken were back as smooth-stone, etc)

I think this is unplayable.
  13. This is just getting weirder and weirder
  14. I just got back from the wild, my entire ender chest was filled and my inventory was filled... now i'm smelting most of what i gathered. i didn't lose anything. guess i'm just lucky... or maybe i'm just following the mods advice they have given several times about being careful. *shrugs*
    Eppalblast124 and chickeneer like this.
  15. Yes but some of us don't like standing around staring at the dirt with nothing to do :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. i'm not sure i catch that reference. i haven't stood around looking at dirt either.
  17. Basically nobody wants to get on if we can't mine, craft or do anything with our stuff disappearing and there being no way to get it back.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. Yeah, but, OTOH I don't want my shop to run out of stuff.

And no, not 'coz I am a rupee-addict; it's because I feel a responsibility to my customers.

<Herb expects people to not understand, but doesn't care>
  19. I do care, I wasn't trying to disrespect you. Just answering his little "Well I'm doing what the mods say" It's frustrating to play a game just to have your hard work messed up. I can see being irritated that you harvest and die and then you have yourself to blame but if quick enough you can get them, if the server is eating them then there is no way to get them back. From the way all these issues are being described "Chill and don't do much" basically sounds like "Log in and just stand there staring at the dirt" because people claim to lose items they put in chests, take out of chests, whole chests, things they build etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.