1.3 Netherwart, Cocoa Beans: Concerns

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Antinanco_Ness, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Remember guys, this is a vanilla oriented server. We are not going to go randomly changing game mechanics because "it will hurt peoples profits".

Changes to game mechanics only happen when necessary to prevent PVP/Grief related things (TNT for example causes lag on the server so limiting its usage helps prevent server wide griefing lol)
    margaritte and imBobertRobert like this.
  2. I disagree with Aikar! JK i like to say when will be the fireball glitch fixed :p
  3. Think about it....It will be like wheat. Alot of people buy it even though they have wheat farms...
  4. But people could do pigman exp farms or item farms. They can drop enchanted swords and more...
  5. 1. Yes, people are extremely lazy
    2. Wheat is almost free, just like nether wart will be now it seems...
  6. Why not? Nether Wart is not that expensive as is. People like myself have farms that when I harvest them I can get a good 2 stacks surplus. I sometimes give them out because what can I do with a single chest of Nether Warts. Why should we not allow this to happen?
  7. And that's wrong. I'm saying this all the time and i'll do it again. Just because you can get a lots of certain items, there is no need to sell it for ridiculously cheap or give tons away. That hurts economy imo. Few exceptions are selling diamonds insanly cheap, few sells glowstone insanly cheap, few sells enchanted stuff insanly cheat etc - because they might have loads of money and so they don't care about selling it for low, but they don't think that they are ruining bussiness for other players. Just take an example for slimeballs. Since tthere is a public slime farm on utopia, poeple are selling tons of slime balls for really cheap, ruining it for non-supporters to sell their slime balls at old price (maybe they got them for 55 a stack some time ago) and now they won't be able to sell for more then 40r which will lead to lose profit.
    Those who want to be generous, you can always donate rupees to players...
    But of course, it's just my opinion and it's your choice, i won't tell anyone what should they do or not to do.
  8. Actually you are wrong because you don't understand supply and demand than. If the supply is up and the demand is down than the price drops. SO if you have a lot and not too many buyers than you HAVE to drop the price.
  9. Drop the price by 50% ?
  10. Netherwart is already dirt cheap. Making it farmable outside of the Nether just makes it more accessible to those who have a hard time in the Wild/Nether or can't be bothered to make their own farm. You can't kill a market that doesn't exist.

The only real demand for netherwart comes from potions. Not a lot of people use them as it is and I expect fewer people will after the update. Because of the XP changes fewer people will be using splash potions to kill mobs and fewer fire resist potions to work on blaze grinders. Fewer people will be grinding and those who want blaze grinders already have them.

There are enough consumables in the game so cookies aren't anything more than a novelty item. What makes cocoa beans important to me are their use for making brown dye. Although it's a somewhat rare item, it's not a commodity since you can easily breed sheep. Again, we're only making something more accessible to people who have had problems getting it or who'd rather buy it.

A bit of trivia: Someone I know recently closed their shop because someone kept dying the brown sheep at their public wool farm white. So a plus to the update will be that that nonsense won't work so well anymore. Same for netherwart. Although I view growing netherwart at a hidden farm as a challenge, it removes it as a griefable target by allowing me to grow it in Town.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  11. If they can raise the price by 50% than they can lower it by 50%
  12. If they raise the price, they only hurt themselves, not other players. Besides, I haven't noticed any problem people buying diamonds for 45-50r before for a long time. Now all of sudden, since that "diamond cloning" or whatever it was incident, diamonds fell down to 40 as average price. Same goes for many other stuff, like slieme balls that i already mentioned.
  13. The supplier has the ability to raise and lower the price at will. If other suppliers catch on and do the same than it DOES hurt the players. So if everyone has a double chest of diamonds than they can still sell at 40-45r each because you can always find someone that needs it and could probably sell all 54 stacks of diamonds within a week. You may not be able to do the same things like Nether Wart or Slime because that have one and one use only. So they might drop heavily because Nether Wart is not for building, but solely for Potions and you can make Magma Creme with Slime Balls but 97% of the people would use them for sticky pistons and not to craft the Magma. When the item is a single use item the price range varies quite a bit.
  14. I really think they should be allowed. It would create more business and popularity. Isn't this what these servers are about?
  15. Yeah, you just said it yourself. If others catch up... of course they will, then don't have any other options. Either catch up with competition or you won't sell anything. And here we go back to what I'm saying. Few exceptions that have too much money are greatly lowering the prices on certain items, therefore other players are forced to do the same, because they want to "catch up".
    And what you said about slime balls doesn't matter. They have only one purpose or ten, it doesn't matter, they were selling for 55+ on average before, now i see people selling them for 20r - and yes, they still have that one purpose.
  16. Quite the opposite. Who's running good bussiness with melons, pumpkins, wheat and stuff that you cna grow on your res? I haven't seen anyone having great bussiness out of food and plant, i actually see a lot of people giving them for free. But like some people already posted, nether warts are already selling at very low prices, so it doesn't matter.
  17. I really don't see what the fuss is all about. . . If there where any things that would harm the community IceCreamCow and JustinGuy would have taken care of it
  18. That's the hard part in growing Netherwart-- I agree. But once you have it, and a lot of it, your goodies shall grow.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  19. Sure-- I agree emeralds are quite the pretty Christmas decoration. If you have villagers with you, that would be nice use of emeralds. That's another thing-- you can just use your magic,"Harry Potter Wand of Death" (A stick) and randomize villagers over and over again 'till you can trade items worth getting. Might that be another one of those, "Too-easy-to-get moments?"
  20. Thank you! I've been saying that. XD