1.3 Netherwart, Cocoa Beans: Concerns

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Antinanco_Ness, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Yes-- one person. I must say-- he would be very happy if the farming of Netherwart in the Overworld becomes official, huh? xD
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. All I know is that 1.Pigmen wont spawn, Because the server dosnt allow Harmfull mobs to spawn in town 2.Cocoa beans need wheat to make cookies so wheat productions will be rising! (If people like cookies) 3.Nether wart? Really? Yeah It may be a easier way to grow them but, Nether Warts only use to make potions. . It wont have a bad effect, Just more potions for us Wizards!
    I think the new updates will only have a great effect on out economy ($$$) and Im looking forward to setting up a book and cookie shop, Along with a wizard tower : )
  3. Good Lord-- that's the most reasonable argument I've heard all day. :eek:
  4. Cocoa bean plants are an epic addition, because this means cookies are more easily found and i've been waiting since 1.8 for them, but Notch never added them after saying he would.

Netherwart in the overworld is also quite cool, because that means no more griefable farms in the Nether. And pigmen farms are now a reality... Now for ghast farms :p (Been working on one in SSP since alpha, but one ghast needs atleast 10 blocks to spawn, and I can't kill them XD)
    Oh, and also, I can write a Residence diary :p
  5. Well, I do like the idea that it's easier now for us to get these goodies, however, it's a bit TOO easy. I guess it's up to ICC and JustinGuy?
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  6. Guess so. . .. . . . . .. .Or they can make a poll
  7. Well, first we have to brew our potions, enchant our armor, and find a Nether fortress. Which is something I have not found in EMC as of yet, despite my constant adventuring into the nether recently. I only do it for soul sand and netherack, really, but some nether wart and blaze rods would be nice :p

And for cocoa bean plants, we still have to find a newly generated Jungle (I think) D:
  8. ( use the live map)
    and get cocoa beans from spawner chests, and make a farm. I have about 10 cocoa beans and a farm ready for action.
  9. Nether warts would be pretty much as melons, everyone has them, and if they don't, they buy it cheap. The only thing with nether warts is that you need soul sand to grow them, and that you gotta go in the nether and look for, or buy it.
  10. i m going to the wild and to new unexplored chunks far away to find emeralds then use my silk pick to get the ore and sell them for a lot! :D
  11. Its a "quality of life" change, aka making it easier, and you are discussing about the worth. But does the worth really matter, if its a change that makes a tedious thing more accessible? :) Also, 1 item (wich isnt that expensive in the first place) doesn't affect the market much :)
  12. As far as I know, we won't be removing any of the new features. In the past, we've only removed features that could EASILY be used to cause harm. For example, the charges were able to be launched via dispensers over multiple residences, so we had to disable them.

Pigmen likely won't spawn in town of course, but they will likely spawn in the wild nether portals.
  13. My netherwart gallery will finally be useful.. Its been all show and a completely pointless use of space, but now that they will grow in the overworld, I can actually tend that room like my other farms.. :3 ..and I have had a cocoa bean farm frame built for months and I have been waiting for the update to start planting my cocoa beans.. I was surprised when I read about the netherwart update in the last snapshot.. :cool:
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  14. How? If everyone can grow it, why should they buy it?
    Antinanco_Ness likes this.
  15. people will still buy it because they can be impatient as it takes 30minutes to 3hours for netherwart to fully grow.. <,<
  16. Meme time!
    prepare1.jpg
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  17. i have a coco farm ready
  18. This just pushed back my 'largest shop in smp9' plan...
  19. just like everything else in the empire cocoa and netherwart will be so common the value will drop to the same as seeds ( which is why we need a real economy)
  20. Don't you have to be in the same chunk for the warts to grow? If it also takes 30 minz then it will be a downer for people who don't have time.. SOOOooo there will be an econ because people are laaaazzzyy.. Even if they afk it'll be a long time :p

It also means that PThaagard, and other big stores can grow warts easier because they have shoppers ALWAYS there :p