1.2 update....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Liasen, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Still think we gonna reset the wilderness...
  2. Sorry, I got confused, no you did not. :)
  3. These are the features I think would make a lot of us wild settlers very happy:

"The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system."

Still, none of this helps with ISMOOCH's future scenario of yet another update that requires another new seed regen.

Mojang would need to put in an option to generate world based a seed + a previous version number generation mode. They could include an option for Biome conversion where the new biomes would fit. There might be a mod for this... It's likely that Justin's already looking for that kind of solution.

Mojang can't keep moving forward with this update model.. it's going to make a lot of players very annoyed.
  4. yes, that is a big problem with mojang currently and their updates. They make large updates, and then say "hey, to use this, you must have a new map." At the risk of sounding whiney, its not really fair. I love seeing the things EMC players develop in the wild. Its unique, and sometimes downright amazing. You would think that with such a large user base, that Mojang would catch on, and make updates that did not crash their servers everytime (granted it is a third party that makes the wrapper for great MC servers like EMC). But, the points you guys are making are good ones. The real question is...

Are there enough players that spend a mass amount of their time living in the wild for an idea like a completely new server to be an asset?
  5. I am on the side of Restart, its like a new beginning =)
  6. would you be on the side of a restart if they were also restarting the towns? just asking.
    bitfed and ISMOOCH like this.
  7. But wont new chunks generate 1.2 terrain in 1.2. I mean yeah there are probably no new chunks to generate in the wilderness in the empire but just saying.
  8. no, you need a whole new seed to generate jungles.
  9. sadly jeb said in his tweet when he added them that you needed to create a new world. i follow his twitter but don't catch them all, maybe it was directed at snapshot testers, and maybe by the time 1.2 comes out it will work this way. i don't know, maybe the bukkit people will find a way around it, maybe justin will have a stroke of genius. for these reasons, i have decided not to run around my home screaming and waving my arms in the air. yet.
    bitfed likes this.
  10. i do this normally.. because it feels good.
    bitfed, daegoo and apamment like this.
  11. Wait if there is a new world is there gonna be a new end. (i dont really know a lot about world stuff in minecraft)
  12. thats a very good question, and definitely worth considering. more eggs to compete for!
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  13. Isnt that somewhat of a bad thing. (more ender dragon egg drama) but i would like an ender dragon egg however
    apamment likes this.
  14. I hope i didnt make this thread another ender dragon egg discussion.....
  15. well, if it's a side effect of a wilderness reset (i don't know, not an expert etc.) it's probably a pretty major thing for people to consider when they make their opinion, so im glad you brought it up.
  16. That would require an Empire census to find out, no? I really have no idea. It's a culture change, so it's hard to look at the current culture and make that judgement.

I, myself, am curious where these extra 5,000 people are hanging out.. There was a while there for the 1.1 update where there were no new residences available due to the freeze on auto-pruning inactive accounts..

On a related note: I've had the same single player world since I started playing... I don't ever want to restart that and doubt any new feature would make abandoning it worthwhile. But then again, I like Minecraft because it's always a Work-in-Progress and don't like the idea of being forced to stay in the past just to enjoy the single player world I call home. :-\
  17. if you're referring to the 10,000 users registered, i think that is about how many people have registered in total since the beginning, i'm sure there's a fair percentage who no longer play.

edit:

also i don't believe there is an auto pruning system in place yet, they just get pruned when someone gets time to do it, it's an in the works thing.
  18. Check the first highlighted post on the Empire homepage. 5,000 new people since December 29th. That's a month today.

I meant the time period that elapses before pruning, which is automatic to us, was put on hold.
  19. oh. i see :) in that case, those extra people are probably on single player because all the SMP servers are full when it's their peak time.
  20. Even if my buildings and Resident would be reset i still would stand with restart, i know that people have built awesome things and would not like to restart but long as we speak for ourselves - Restart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.