1.2 update....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Liasen, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was. a little bit. on the inside.
    Makrom1 likes this.
  2. justins choice dont argue
  3. We hav the right to present our arguments and points of view.
    bitfed likes this.
  4. Exactly, You! now, with this i agree strongly with Bitfed, there is many communities that are hidden in the lands and i doubt they'll want there hard work to go to waste many many hours gone just like that. Honestly with this "Jungle Bidome" some idiot will run in with a flint and 'Poof' no more jungle.

I'm not panicking, i am putting my opinion to this as everyone should. If Notch decides not to integrate this into everything else (which he's gotten this far why not?), maybe try it on the smp5 map and see how it goes and how long it lasts.

No it always doesn't go like that, If justin made the decisions on his own he wouldn't need anyone else. If he decided to do what he wants, which im not saying is bad, but if we all disagreed how long do you think we'd play for?

You want to play on a server which your opinion can be herd, providing feedback you play on a server which you like not on a server that the host is a Nazi.
    bitfed and ISMOOCH like this.
  5. You know, some days i wonder what really keeps me in this community, but sometimes you guys make the greatest discussions. And I just enjoy reading them.
    bitfed and Ryukk132 like this.
  6. Sorry about my rude comment guys :(

I belieeve what ryukk is true.

some one can just go in and poof! Fire charge the whole thing. many communities live in the wild and implementing and restarting the wilderness will just annoy many people.

There ahould be an official poll by justin on this
  7. :)
  8. Something like this could be the kick in the butt we all need to band together to defend against griefers.
  9. woop woop wilderness reset! :D
  10. my biggest concern last time the reset discussion came up is it really discourages wilderness builders to even bother. I mean already many people avoid it because of concern about griefers and having the wilderness reset because mojang adds a new feature every other month is just the last straw.

at present it would seem to me that most people just use the wilderness as a place to gather resources for whatever they are building in town, and wouldn't really care about wilderness resets. I guess this is one way to play, but the natural beauty of the generated landscapes is lost, finding that perfect spot to build your home, etc.

why not given the empire seems to be expanding so much, make a special wilderness server. it could have no towns, and once it's made no resets even if jeb adds a new candy land filled with cookies. i'm sure there would be many tweaks to gear the server towards wilderness players, instead of a town there could be an empire outpost where you could use the vault. It would be like living on the fringe of the empire.

what do you think?
  11. With Justin's recent hints at cross server XP transfer, I can actually see this as viable. However, what would be the rules on the vault? Would you even be able to use it? How would chat here work? What happens when a BIG BIG update happens, and the wilderness has to be reset?

Not discouraging the idea, just putting some questions that would need to be addressed for it to be viable.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  12. my thoughts on the vault would be that it's usable in the spawn area, like build an empire outpost on the spawn area thats protected like they have in the wilderness currently, but it doesn't actually have teleports anywhere. it's just a place for the vault to be used, and any other things that are necessary that would usually be placed in town on the normal servers.

as for really big big updates, well i guess we can't avoid that. but the little updates can still be rolled out to the smp wilderness worlds and please all the townies who don't care about the resets.

i know this might sound like put all those wilderness players on an island where we don't have to deal with it, but i think if there were enough wilderness players it could really be an asset, as townies could also visit and wilderness players can always go to an smp server to socialize if they want.

empire rules would of course still apply, but there would be no residences, i guess trading would have to be done manually.
  13. This will likely not be the last time I mention it unless there's a huge backlash... But being that we are an "Empire"... it would be nice to actually be structured like one:

http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/

Towny would help administration big time and I think actually effects chat and other wild logistics. Is anyone familiar with this mod or actually played it on another server? You could have people who run towns doing some of the moderating for you as well... (This might help out with the 5,000 new members.)

We're already allowed to moderate our private res's, and it doesn't cause problems since we all know that's how it works in your own res. I think this could scale to private towns as well.

Totally agree: I want to live in the wilderness! That's why I play minecraft! :)

But Mojang is really shattering the "persistent world" illusion.
  14. I don't mind rebuilding my wild res if I have nice neighbors to help me. :)

And I already feel that locked sales chests in the wild are severely lacking..
  15. about towny, i don't know much about it, but it looked pretty complex to me. if it were something that enhanced the wilderness experience on the wilderness server and didn't clash with existing empire infrastructure sure, but i would be against having it on the smp servers, just because of the added complexity.
  16. Well I was thinking we could treat a Wilderness server like it is a New World to colonize with the resources we've built up in our home servers. :-D

This would leave us Wilderness ppl to it, and it wouldn't be necessary on the other SMPs.

I really want to engage in wild communities, but I love the way Empire is administered, so am not looking for a new place yet. But I have been getting itchy to move on to new things in MC. :-\

::EDIT:: It's not complex to use/play with (live in towns, etc), but if you've ever tried to administrate a wild town without it.. that's much more complex.
    apamment likes this.
  17. I dont really like towny
  18. Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Kind of like heading out to the wild west to start a new life. hehe

yep, and if you didn't like it, there's no need for you to play on the wilderness server, just stick to smp. i don't know how feasible it is technically (im not a minecraft server expert) but if the empire keeps growing, i think there would soon be enough players to make it viable.
  19. It's not for everyone, only those who want to live in the wilderness. Didn't you start this conversation because you don't care what happens to the wilderness? ;)

It does seem rather PVP based.. but I wonder if it allows those features to be disabled. I guess it would help if anyone here was well versed in it..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.