💗Happy Mother's Day!💖

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sazukemono, May 12, 2018.

1. Hail to all mothers!
    Who love us and raise us with care.
    Love to our mothers,
    Who keep us safe and warm.

Where would we be, without our beloved mothers?

Mother's day is upon us!
    I'd like to take time this weekend to celebrate the mothers I know, with praise and gratitude.

Please join me, and help me celebrate the mothers in our lives. Let's fill this thread with love and show all the moms on EMC how much we care and appreciate all that they do! Poems, little stories, words of thanks, and tales of favorite mother's day celebrations are all welcome! It doesn't have to be super special or elaborate, as long as it's heart-felt.

And, of course, if you see a mom in-game this weekend, be sure to tell her you care. 😊
  2. I don't have anything too special, but I just want to share that my mother is very sweet, loving, caring... She has this mother instinct that she always knows what to do when I feel down, that she knows when I am with something on my mind, and I love her for that.[

I have no experience with parenting yet (it would be a bit weird if I had), but judging from myself as child and teenager, I can imagine that it is one of the hardest things in the world. Thank you to all mothers out there!

EDIT:
    Quite literally nowhere, I guess.
    Patr1cV, 607, We3_MPO and 5 others like this.
  3. oh crap.. today isnt mothers day is it?
  4. :p

It's tomorrow in the United States.

Anyways, no matter how much my mother drives me crazy, I still love her and don't know where I'd be without her.
  5. shush :p
  6. Gee, we should celebrate with a promo lol.
    Lance2013, We3_MPO and FadedMartian like this.
  7. why didnt I know someone would say this? My mom is worth more than a promo😐
  8. just my opinion but .. I really think just celebrating your mom or those who have nurtured and cared for you would be enough.

My mom's gone but it doesn't change the fact that I love her still and celebrate her all through the year. =]

also .. Thanks Saz! for making a place for us to stop a moment and think about what our moms mean to us. <3
    607, Sazukemono, We3_MPO and 3 others like this.
  9. My mother is the one who, together with my father of course, taught me to be critical and to be observant and such. But my mom (I still have close contact with my parents) is definitely special.

True story, the only reason I am sharing this here is because this is EMC and I love you guys. The only people I told this before were... well, actually one :D

I don't know how it happened, I don't know all details (I don't even remember the 'deed') but when I was a little kid my mother apparently had reached 40 at that time. I was in kindergarten (over here in Europe things work a bit differently, but translated to US.. you'll get the idea). And apparently at some point in time I told my parents that they were fossils. In a joking way of course (I hope! ;) ) but yeah, it was time for the younger generation (or something).

So enter my mother...

She waited her due time. Until that time until I turned 40. Now.. thing is, I don't really celebrate my birthday (my gf often likes to take me out for dinner and a drink or two, which is always very nice) but nothing special. So when I was visiting my parents I got a totally unexpected birthday gift: a real fossil. With the nice comments: "Welcome to the ranks of us old fossils" :D

That's totally my mother for you :) Cunning, knows her way around and I definitely love her for it.

I think that I got my passion for writing because of her. She used to be a teacher (way before my time, the only thing I vaguely remember is crawling through a class at some point) and if there's one person who knows the Dutch language it was her.

Nice thread Sazuke!
    Harp4Christ, 607, Sazukemono and 7 others like this.
  10. Here is to all the moms who were always there for all of us so Happy Mother's Day all :)
  11. To anyone reading this who is a mom, happy Mother's Day (one of my three favorite holidays although I'm a teen guy)! My mom, sadly, hasn't been active lately, but she wants to be.
  12. I was actually wondering where shes been... just a gew days ago i was like hmmm rl stuffs prolly
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. Lol, just want promos, in reality a promo would get people on Empire instead of spending time with their mom. Maybe a post-Mother's Day promo?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  14. Well of course, but a promo would be fun... xD Then again, we want people off Empire on Mother's Day...
    We3_MPO likes this.
  15. Happy mother's day :)
    I am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing mother <3
    She has always been there to care for my siblings and I when we are sick, and will listen when we need someone to talk to. Three of my siblings are actually adopted from China! How cool is that!? I think it's incredible that my mom cares enough to show them love and give them a better place to live. :)

Moms-- You are truly some of the best superheroes in this world
  16. Thanks. I've got a problem with my mother at the moment, and I have for years... but yesterday it came up again. But I'll try to be kind to her anyway. She offers a whole lot of support in most areas.
  17. Just saw this: My moms the best <3

Happy Mothers day all!
  18. Thanks to all you great moms out there, you're really the glue that holds us all together. :D
  19. A mother is like a locomotive and its cargo. It carries the family.