Server Problems? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smp1, 7 and utopia have been getting most of the lag for some reason
  2. Pig, this isn't a server crashing or lag problem, it's likely related to one of the recent performance adjustments.

You should add a little more info about how it usually works and start a new thread on your specific issue.

Adjustments may be possible on server side, or you may need to slightly adjust how you use your grinder.
  3. I know, it's not fun to go mining...
    Kells18 likes this.
  4. Ya i feel bad for ya man :( everytime i try to xp grind i get booted after 2 minutes which never happens D:
  5. Please help, the server is too fun causing me to have no life.

FIX THIS AIKAR!
  6. Hey jack, for the last 5 hours or so (maybe 6) of being online, I have been unable to move from smp9 to smp2 without the following message occurring multiple times,
    Haerhitman has also experienced the same error.

Code:
    [COLOR=#800000]kicked whilst connecting to smp2: Sorry, you can only be connected to one EMC server at a time.[/COLOR]
    Nole972 and Kells18 like this.
  7. Thank you for getting smp6 up and going again
  8. Smp7 is a wee bit laggy

#DoNotTryToGetShards! #EndsBad!
  9. So...for the last bit, this has happened several times on SMP7 and I copied it from chatlogs because I'm lagging too bad to get a screenshot:
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] enekiam has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] cddm95ace has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] AmusedStew has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] WeirdManaico has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] southpark347 has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Kiseleon has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] generalfelino015 has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] MatthewDA has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] stephan9r9r has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Zerofelero has disconnected.
    [18:31:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] opticpanda11 has disconnected.

Also massive block lag and some other stuff, like Brit going into a shop and then suddenly is lagged into a well, if you drop items, it takes forever to pick up.
    mba2012, cddm95ace and WeirdManaico like this.
  10. We are getting rebound server lag on smp7, everyone disconnecting or you doing any action and getting put back.
  11. Yeah smp7 is horrible right now... so far there have been 1 or 2 serverwide disconnects
  12. Grr... So I found the culprit, bad news, its the live map :/
    607 likes this.
  13. How is it the live map?:confused:
  14. eta on fix?
  15. Getting kicked constantly, I think we should make a game with this. Predict the next disconnection.
    607 likes this.
  16. How does a live map on a website cause server lag? that doesn't even make sense..
  17. Well it does have to look and see where each player is constantly..
    607 likes this.
  18. the plugin needs access to the world files and must be causing a conflict.

I don't know any specifics, but it would be a real pain to diagnose. Hence, unexplained lag.
  19. The live map is actually not on our website, it is a plugin called DynMap that runs inside of the Minecraft server (Thats why you access it with a port #)

http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=6870193

I finally have the timings code able to see it was dynmap doing it though I still don't know what exact portion of dynmap due to it being classified as Unknown.

I just updated dynmap and drastically changed configs to slow how much work itll do at once for rendering.

Was anyone on SMP7 happening to use some kind of auto farm with lava or water?

I wonder if a farm on edge of chunks is triggering to spam load chunks and re-render....
  20. Ooh this is true ya that makes sense :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.