Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. So, what are your thoughts on the Bugatti? :)
    ReptilianCat likes this.
  2. But to yellow I think, but it's still cool to see an expensive car :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. I think they are nice cars, they look really good in a fairly light blue! :)
  4. Not at all, it is just better able since it automatically sets things and you don't have to worry about choosing a shutter speed that might underexpose or overexpose the image if the aperture can't balance it.
    Basically, TV mode works great for moving things (as long as you check to make sure it's balanced, there is usually some sort of indicator to tell you) and no flash works better for non-moving things as it automatically balances the things
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  5. I'll be sure to try it all out then, cheers Jacob!

Which of these would be the TV mode, is it the S on the left hand one? My dial is like the one on the left :)
  6. Another one from Audi Driver International - this time, the early model of the Audi Ur quattro! :)
    Qkazoochan, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  7. Yet another quattro from Audi Driver International! :)
    Qkazoochan, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  8. Ah sorry for not responding until now just logged into the forums. I'd guess that the S would be Tv mode yeah. To make sure of this, you can switch to the S mode then see which settings you can change. If you can change the shutter speed (Measured in fractions or whole numbers ex. 1/1000, 1/200, 1/30, 1, etc.) and nothing else, then you are in the right mode. Make sure to use a shutter speed that is 1/60 or faster if you are not using a tripod to prevent blur.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. I found this, I assume this sounds like it:
    S (shutter-priority autoexposure): Rotate the Command dial to set the shutter speed. As you do, the camera automatically adjusts the aperture as needed to maintain proper exposure.

Available shutter speeds range from 30 seconds to 1/4000 second exceptwhen flash is enabled. When you use flash, the top shutter speed is 1/200 second; minimum shutter speeds vary depending on the exposure mode. This limitation is due to the way the camera must time the flash with the opening of the shutter

So to get it to take the best shot, I need 1/60 or any number larger? E.g. 1/200? Sorry, I'm a complete dummy to shutter speed, I'm trying to catch up to speed with it so that I know what I'm doing :p

Command dial for changing the shutter speed...
    607 likes this.
  10. Essentially yes. The faster your shutter speed, the more frozen your subject will appear. So a 1/1000 shutter speed will make the subject look totally frozen in time, while a shutter speed of say 1/60 will have some blur to it. You may not be able to get shutter speeds like 1/1000 if the sky is really overcast as the aperture can't compensate for the lack of light.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  11. Cheers for the information, I'll have to try it out when I have some moving subjects to try on! :)
  12. Love the pics fendy
    1k post!
  13. I'm glad that you like them, thanks Builder :)
  14. But I don't like them...
    I love them ofc!