Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ah, that makes more sense now, I should have understood that first time, my bad :p Thanks for the feedback 607! I wanted a nice quiet background so used the white :D
    607 likes this.
  2. Bump, more Autosport edits coming later on!
  3. Shmee's Porsche Cayman GT4 at the Car Throttle stand, Autosport International 2016!
  4. A picture from the live action arena at Autosport, the lighting was terrible so the shots aren't the best and I didn't have a chance to try out any new settings, but I thought I'd show it off anyway! :)
    Qkazoochan, 607 and AnonReturns like this.
  5. I'm not sure how well versed you are in PhotoShop or anything like that, but a simple use of the spot healing, clone or even brush will do a damned good job at removing your branding on the images. Not trying to be mean or anything, but the best way I have found to prevent people is to have a fainted watermark layer that goes over the top of the whole image, slanted at a 30-45 degree angle and have multiple lines of the text. Also, using thicker font will reduce the ability to remove it as easily. Thicker font really limits to using just the brush. The slanted faint watermark is not as quick or easy to remove on a detailed background. Still can be done, but it is what I've found most effective.

Aside from that, I'm not a rev head or anything close to that (you send me a picture of a graphics card on the other hand and I am reduced to a semi solid mess, lol) but your photography is really nice. Definitely think you should get into the editing of some of your photos. That last one, when cleaned up a bit, would look real nice as part of a calendar or post - something even I'd buy!

Keep up the good work!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. I think this one actually looks very nice!

Hm... I honestly like how he does it now. I mean, while not appreciated, it wouldn't be a disaster if somebody stole his pictures.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. I do a little bit of editing on them but only in imgur.com :p To be honest, that image is a lot cleaner than the original too, I did some stuff to it... thanks for the feedback Jinkers!

How am I to do the faint slanted watermarks? It sounds like it would work quite well, but I don't know how to do it! It'd be nice not to have my images scaled down by imgurs advanced editor all of the time too so any help is appreciated! :D
    I'm glad you like it 607! As for watermarks, you're right, I'm not too bothered if somebody steals my pictures, but if a slanted and faint watermark would help prevent it anyway, then it might be the right step... we'll see what happens! :)
    607 likes this.
  8. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of doing a quick demo of what it would look like. I accidently cropped the image at the same time while making the watermark, but the effect is the same throughout the images that you use.

Original:

Redone:

Of course, there spacing and what not, opacity etc can all be adjusted :p I'll send you the stuff I used to do so, if you would like?
    Qkazoochan and FDNY21 like this.
  9. A demo is very helpful :) I assume the image doesn't usual auto crop then, it was just an accident?

If the stuff is free and quick and easy to use so that I can easily do the edit and I don't lose any quality, it does sounds really good! If you think it'd help then I'd be happy to try it out, so sending the stuff would be awesome, thanks! :D
  10. Hey Jinkers, thought I would bump this to see what you used! Thanks :)
    607 likes this.
  11. You never got the message? Weird. Ill send through another one soon. But first, breakfast :p :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Received the message, I'll talk to you about it there! :)
    607 and Jinkers like this.
  13. I've had a talk with Jinkers and we have some ideas of how I can edit my images in future. I'll be looking into it later on rather than right now, so you may or may not see some edits in the coming days using my old style, but soon enough, you'll see the new style and we'll see what we all think of it! :)
    Jinkers likes this.
  14. I'll be trying out the new watermark technique soon enough, but first, an edit from Brean rally the other day - going to use it as my Facebook cover :)
  15. Oooh, I really like that! I think it'd look great as a Facebook banner, too.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. That's why I chose it, it really fits in the limited banner space! Thanks 607 :)