Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. The RAF liveried Subaru Impreza! A very nice looking rally car :)

Also, to give some more perspective on my edits, I've decided to add the original image so that you can compare! Please give me some feedback on my edits, cheers! :D (Only edit in this image is the addition of my watermark)
    Qkazoochan, KJHaddrell01, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. Something slightly different from Rallyday - the 4x4 track on the inner circuit! :)
    Qkazoochan, 607, AnonReturns and 2 others like this.
  3. Did I hear someone ask for some more Lancia Delta HF Integrale? :rolleyes:

Look at the number plate on this thing, that's awesome! :D
  4. I'm kind of curious to know, what camera mode do you use when taking pictures?
  5. The no flash mode on the dial that you turn. It's the one after the auto mode, the one with the line through the lightning sign :)
  6. If I can offer some advice;
    Instead of shooting with that, you way want to shoot on the "shutter speed priority" mode - a lot of the time this is abbreviated as a "Tv" on the dial. This would help if you were taking pictures of some fast moving cars, it would definitely help make them look like they were totally frozen in time. The great thing about that mode is that it balances the aperture automatically for you, which is nice :)
    No flash would definitely work for the non-moving car pictures that you take, though.
    Nice pictures too!
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  7. Thanks for this feedback Jacob, I'll be sure to try it out :) I don't have access to my camera until later but when I do, I'll play around with it. I won't be going to any moving car events until some time next year so it'll be a while until I can try it properly!

You say that no flash works for non-moving, but would you recommend the TV mode for those shots too or could that have a bad effect? Cheers Jacob!
    607 likes this.
  8. Japfest will not be on at Castle Combe next year as it is going to Silverstone, but instead, there will be a Japday at Castle Combe! It's a smaller event but the same kind of thing so I expect that I'll be going to that next year :)
  9. Another Renault 5 rally car from Rallyday 2015! Rallyday 2016 has been confirmed, I hope to go to it! :)
    Qkazoochan, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  10. Take a picture of a Bugatti
  11. You know what, that reminds me. I did take a picture of a Bugatti at Goodwood. The Bugatti EB110. Here it is :)
    Qkazoochan, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  12. Oh, Bugatti... the name alone reminds me of a classic insurance commercial, but you wouldn't get it, as it's in Dutch :p
    (if ShelLuser's reading this: do you know what I mean?)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  13. You can always use it, but if you are going for a quicker, easier shot I'd go with no-flash. Another option is aperture priority (usually abbreviated AV) which allows you to create a depth-of-field in your shots. (Quick reference - Small aperture (f-stop) small depth of field, large aperture, large depth of field.)
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  14. So TV can take longer to take the shot? If so, will it really be good at taking the pictures of moving cars? I haven't had a time to test it yet, but I appreciate your responses, cheers! :D