YouTube Handles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Oct 27, 2022.

?

Do you use a YouTube channel?

Yes, but I only upload unlisted/private videos. 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Yes, including public videos. 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, but I don't upload videos, I just post comments (etc). 1 vote(s) 25.0%
No. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Yes! I'm so happy with this! :D Fairly recently, YouTube introduced the concept of channel handles, being an @[name] unique to each channel. Of course, in the past usernames used to be unique, but then YouTube allowed people to change their channel name to something other than their username, and allowing different people to use the same channel name. I actually changed my channel name to '607' at this point, as my original username is 'supermariobrosdeluxe'. I also picked a custom url, but youtube.com/607 wasn't available, so I went for youtube.com/607SixOhSeven.
    When YouTube introduced channel handles, they said that the default would be your custom url if you had one set, so for me that would be @607SixOhSeven, which I think is somewhat ugly. Moreover, I'm not the only '607' on the platform (or at least there have been other people whose channel name was '607').
    There were three possible outcomes here:
    1. @607 would not be an eligible tag (due to requiring at least one letter, or at least one characters, or whatever)
    2. Someone else would have got @607
    3. I would be able to get @607
    I was thinking that option 1 would be most likely, followed by 2, then 3. Option 1 would be lame to me, as I'm not sure which channel handle I would've picked, then, considering that I'm not quite content with @607SixOhSeven. Maybe @607YT? If someone else would've got @607, that would've really bothered me, probably, as it would probably cause confusion for people to try to find my channel. But it turned out that I got it... very happy!!! :D
    Silken_thread and MoreMoople like this.