Your random habits...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hashhog, May 23, 2014.

1. Something similar for me. Whenever music comes on, immediately situations with real life people doing things in tune to the music pop into my mind. Dancing, cleaning, parties, walking in a forest, you name it.
    Another musical habit: I always listen to Birdland (this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idGvKFbYgI4) whenever I am cleaning anything or sometimes while I'm doing things on the computer, including Minecraft. Not sure why, it just seems like a good song. :p
    AliceF3 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Just watched that and it didn't seem to hit me until the Q-Tip part.

My Habits:
    • Have to have some sort of noise going on in the background, even when I sleep. If the power goes out and it's dead silent then I will go crazy because all I can hear is crazy ringing in my ears and every little sound going on outside like people talking, hammering things etc.
    • Even If I'm in a deep sleep, I wake up as soon as the door opens. It's became an instant reaction for some reason.
    • I will wash my hands, arms and face every time I go to the bathroom as well as religiously put on deodorant.
    • I have a habit of always trying to defend everything I have because people are so quick to judge.
    • Have to keep windows and curtains closed at night, otherwise I will glance over every few minutes paranoid someone is looking in.
    • I start a lot of things and then get discouraged and never finish them.
    • Have to sleep facing the wall, otherwise I'm not comfortable.
    hashhog3000 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I sleep on a bunk propped up right next to the wall, and I can only face the wall if people are still downstairs (I sleep downstairs). If nobody else is downstairs, I have to sleep facing the wall otherwise I can't sleep and can't get an image out of my head that somebody will be standing there in the entrance to the doorway.

It comes from about a year ago when I woke up after hearing someone breath down my neck. I turned around and seen someone's leg go towards the kitchen as I heard somebody running away. To this day i'm still not sure if it was my imagination, or somebody had actually broke into my house, went into my room, breathed down my neck and ran away and got back out.

Also, another bad habit;
    • In real life, i'm really socially awkward. If I want to get out of a situation i'm not comfortable in, I will accidently be rude. For example, the other day, somebody asked me if thought something was funny, and after about 13 seconds I just said "Yeah I guess" in the most horrible way I can imagine. So that got me thinking; when I go back into school, there's no way i'm being 'that' guy. I am going to talk to people. What's the worst that could happen...? (Probably alot of things my socially impaired brain doesn't know about)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I always listen to The xx - Intro when I'm drawing :p

Quite a powerful motivating song n.n

Listening to Birdland now, it's a really happy song :p
    Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  5. Most of mine are REALLY specific are kinda weird, but here we go. :p
    • If I say something, I need to repeat it 3 more times in my head before I can continue
    • I got a thing with light switches, I need to flick them each 7 times...
    • If I crack 1 of my knuckles, the rest need cracking
    • My 2 computer screens need to hang the exact same about off my desk
    • All my stuff is arranged like a rainbow, and it can't be any other way
    • I tap stuff, pens, desks other stuff
    Pretty sure I got a few more, but I can't think of them atm
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. i like gapples :D (god apples)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Yes. This gets frustrating so fast
    Equinox_Boss likes this.