Your internet speeds!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Apr 30, 2014.

1. I get better interwebs next month when we move :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I used to have 35+down and 10+ up, but now we've switched to centurylink from comcast so now we have suckish speeds. I can't host MC servers anymore =/

But at my school,

At my school, I have gotten actual speeds of 1000mbit down and 500mbit up. Uploaded a 12gig youtube video like it was nothing. Downloaded a large virtual machine image in under 5 minutes.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Is there a reason why your School test is so old?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Yep... I'm not at school atm so I can't test right now. On Monday I will test again and give you updated numbers if you'd like
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Sure... Make sure to hide the evidence that you did it at school or you might get in trouble :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Nah our school's IT staff are STUPID. They have no idea what they are doing... Very easy to get around any security protocols they put in place. For example, they block minecraft. I rename it to anything but minecraft, it works. I name mine either "meincraft.exe" or "notminecraft.exe". Also, if a program requires admin permissions, and since our student accounts are not admin, all we have to do is right click on the file, run as admin, and it works! This is how I torrent at school since they block all the programs. even if you aren't admin, you click run as admin and it bypasses it.
  7. This one is from work
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

8. At my parents house :p
  9. Welp Le Bump.. and Her is my New speeed :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Updated speedtest:
    technologygeek likes this.
  11. This is my schools upload and it is still slow D:
  12. Got upgraded from 60 to 90 for free, yay!