Your favourite games!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Jul 17, 2014.

1. In order, my 5 favorite games would be:
    Spiral Knights
    Minecraft
    Magicite
    Stealth B****** Deluxe
    Another Perspective

I noticed that I'm a fan of a lot of games that nobody's ever heard of.
  2. Halo 4
    Halo reach
    Halo anniversary
    Minecraft
    Need for speed most wanted
  3. Dizzy: the prince of the yolkfolk.
    Revolt.
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
    Yoshi's Island.
    Minecraft.
    Simcity 3000 World Edition.
    Lotus III: The ultimate challenge.
    Ignition.

Do people know any of those? :)
  4. Oh, oh! I know one! Minecraft!
  5. Current favourites:
    Forza Motorpsort
    GTA V
    GTA IV
    GTA SA
    Minecraft
    Dirt 3

Occasionally I will play a game like DayZ or World Of Tanks too :p

I used to play games like Star Wars Battlefront II too and I am interested to see what Xbox One does with that game :rolleyes:
  6. Dishonored
    Minecraft
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (my all time favourite!)

Assassin's Creed 2
    The Sims 1-3

7. I used to play Spiral Knights but having a certain of energy per day to play got boring...
  8. MLB the Show (PS3)
    Payday 2
    ARMA III
    DayZ
    Minecraft
    Ace of Spades
    Age of Mythology (EE)
  9. such tf2.PNG
    i wonder
    i wonder
    I WONDER
    607 likes this.
  10. I don't really know, mine seem to change quite a lot. But here's some I can think of:
    • Dead Island series (I know they suck, but they're so enjoyable on co-op :p)
    • Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 3 (when COD was in it's prime, at least for me)
    • BF3 and 4
    • GTA IV
    • Far Cry 3 (Have it on both xbox and PC)
    There's probably some more decent ones I haven't noted. :)
    • Life
    • Minecraft (EMC is the only server I have on my list)
  11. That twerk though.
  12. Mine are:
    Little big planet 1 and 2
    The swapper (absolutely fantastic)
    Super smash bros brawl
    Faster than light (another favorite)
    Dust 514(when the matchmaking doesn't create super unbalanced teams)

Uncharted 3 is one of those games I want to like but really can't. Some of the missions are cool while most involve hiding behind a bunker for 20 minutes and shooting when the ai decides to charge.
  13. MW2
    MW3
    BF4
    Minecraft
  14. then of course i have about the same amount of hours in gmod...
  15. You only need to play 23 more hours of Garry's Mod to have played just as much as TF2.
  16. yeah...
    i have no life e.e
  17. Okami <3

Multiplayer game has to be Awesomenaughts and little browser games like Animal Jam and Transformice
  18. I have difficulties finding what I like most over everything else, but here's what I have to say about my gaming history:

Game Boy Advance: 2003-?

Super Mario Bros. 3 (All Stars Edition):
    This game was my introduction into video games. It was taken from Super Mario All Stars which is a collection of the 4 most known NES Mario games. I can remember failing the courses over and over again from being reckless. In fact, this habit I had didn't break until sometime in 2010 with New Super Mario Bros. Wii; I think it was the hint movies in it that helped me change after 7 years.

Pokemon Sapphire:
    Until the franchise's 4th generation, I had played this game the most. Although I didn't made any accomplishments to upgrade the trainer card (other than defeating the Elite Four and champion Steven), I got my Swampert to level 100 which was when me and brother found out that was the level limit for a Pokemon. A few years later, I managed to catch a shiny Numel after capturing them in mass for their Rawst Berries.
    A remake of it, along with Ruby, are going to be released for the 3DS this October which I would definitely buy.

Wii: 2006-2012

The Wii is Nintendo's second most successful console, behind the DS, when it comes to sales. It also had many memorable games released for it taking great advantage over the motion and pointing controls of the Wii Remote, the console's controller! These controls have me admit that this was my favorite video game console so far!! Wii U may take its spot depending on how well it does because right now I would want to play these games, except for New Super Mario Bros. Wii!

My Memorable Games:

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2:

It seems like these games were made perfectly for 3-D Mario games! They also got me interested in astronomy!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii:

When I saw footage of this game in stores, I was impressed by the difference from New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. The change I noticed most was the frame-rate; the game played in a fixed 60 frames/second which caused the motion to look like the equivalent of motion in real life!
    The Wii U sequel, New Super Mario Bros. U, was released on launch date of the console.

Mario Kart Wii:

My first racing game, using the Wii Wheel accessory that comes with this game makes it feel like you're actually driving the kart/bike!
    In my opinion, I would say the experience with the control concept makes this more fun than the Grand Theft Auto franchise!

Metroid Prime Trilogy:

This game with 3 in 1 was my first first-person shooter to play. With the love of astronomy I acquired from Super Mario Galaxy, I had greatly enjoyed the games inside! The Wii Remote controls combined with the Wii's motion controls, I felt like I was actually Samus!!

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword:

The Wii's Motion Plus accessory made this game's genius sword controls come to life! Link will swing his sword correspondent to the direction the Wii Remote is swung!
    From IGN's reviews, this game was the first to be rated 10 out of 10 in its franchise for over a decade! The N64 game, Zelda Ocarina of Time had gotten the same score, as one of Ninendo's first perfectly scored games, according to IGN.

3DS: 2011-

Pokemon X:
    The Pokemon franchise lasted for 2 of its generations on the DS, but in 2013 the 6th generation dramatically changed the game. Balance had improved, 3-D world and Pokemon, mega evolutions, etc.
    But if you take your time to read the lines on the touch screen while listening to the music during the credits, they all combined into one aphorism which states something beyond the Pokemon franchise! They can be emotional to read, as they were for me, but you should be able to learn something from them!:)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: [Feedback unknown]

Wii U: 2012-

I got very hyper over the announcements of Nintendo's latest console. The gamepad works like 3 devices in one: a controller, monitor, and television remote! While keeping the motion controls from the Wii and 3DS, the gamepad solves the issue of limited buttons from the Wii Remote.

Notable Games:

New Super Mario Bros. U:
    Launched on the date of its platform, this was Mario's first offical appearance in HD (high definition). Although the game played striking similar to the Wii game, the gamepad offers another player to assist up to the 4 other players; this function adds another player slot.

This was also the game I began to engage in understanding computer graphics.
    If you take a look at the boarders of the foreground terrain in this screen-shot, they're either lighter or darker. This provides a 3-D effect since we see objects in 3-D based on where the brightest light source is. In this scenario, we can interpret that light is coming from the sun above.

Super Mario 3-D World:

When the 3DS title, Super Mario 3-D Land was released, I had worried that the 2-D Mario platformers would be gone, but it turns out this game, along with Super Mario 3-D World were made by the same development team responsible for the 3-D Mario titles from Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy 2; there's a separate team that developed Super Mario Bros. to New Super Mario Bros. U.
    The transition from the 3DS game to this Wii U one was another significant difference!

Mario Kart 8:

Mario Kart Wii was a blast to play with the feel of actually driving your character's vehicle! This Wii U racing title is an even further expansion that may made this game as great as the Wii title, if not better!

Other:

Minecraft:
    The Mario games offered many courses to play, but I eventually wanted to make my own. Minecraft may not had the capability to do this, but it became inspiration to create on my own!
    There were other elements to this game that got me hooked to it by sometime in 2010:
    • The worlds are made of blocks, like the tilesets in Mario games.
    • It had the first-person view of the Metroid Prime games.
    Although I don't have the greatest amount of fun with Minecraft, I have learned and changed a lot from playing it, not only its mechanics, but also knowledge on computer graphics and starting in 2013, architecture!
    The PC version of the game doesn't include a tutorial, like other platforms, but I found that the absence of a built-in tutorial encouraged me to think "outside the box" which is crucial to creating something unique!

That is it everyone, some of my memorabilia and thoughts on video games!:)

*Estimated time to create this post: 2 to 3 hours
    607 likes this.