Your Favorite Mythical Creature?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ritunn, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Mythical creatures have been part of this world's culture for a very long time. Whether it be a fire breathing dragon, a howling banshee or a intimidating golem, I would like to know what your favorite mythical creature is.
    _CheshireCat__ likes this.
  2. A trustworthy used car salesman.
  3. Hm... not sure.
    I don't think I've ever been too interested into mythical creatures, although I think I'd really enjoy J.R.R. Tolkien's books, which I believe have got quite some mythical creatures too. I haven't read them yet, though.
  4. My personal favorite would have to be Kappa

NuclearBobomb and xxcapmanxx like this.
  5. That's... something.
    EmpireMall likes this.
  6. U mean like the hobbit and lord of the rings?
  7. I am really fascinated by Griffin and Chimera
  8. I really love the Kitsune :D
  9. i really like the alicanto :)
    but sadly that name was taken
  10. How much you know about the Alicanto? I could never find much about it.
  11. I like the wild nuclearbobmb. The hydra is still better
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  12. Pegasus was my first love then I found dragons and well now I have two loves. =D .. but really.. I do enjoy a great variety of 'mythical' creatures like the Griffin, fairy folk, merfolk, etc.
  13. I've always really liked werewolves, stemming from my love of a book series called Changeling I followed when I was 8-10 years old. Nowadays I think that's purely just confined to watching Teen Wolf though... and that ends later this year, so :(

I started researching vampires like last year because I met a girl from Serbia and wanted to impress her (it's now gotten to the point where I'm learning Serbian, which is useless to know unless you live there). Vampires originated in Serbia. I don't like them though. They're not that interesting and she wasn't very impressed about my vampire knowledge... she didn't even know that myth originated in Serbia until I told her...

I also discovered promaja when I was 'researching' vampires though, the concept of which I find hilarious. It's the belief you'll get ill or feel pain if you leave a window open and let the draft in. People tell their kids to close their windows so they can avoid promaja. It's not really a mythological creature, but it's mythological so I figured I'd put it here lol.
    607 likes this.
  14. Thank you! I was trying to remember their names and was failing badly :rolleyes: like all the rest .. it like when Trying to remember I can't remember my name. lol
    AncientTower likes this.
  15. Yes.

This feels like such a useless reply but I didn't want to leave the question unanswered either. :p
  16. Oh 607, you really should. They are very good stories. =D
    607 likes this.
  17. I agree. Great fantasy stories.
    607 likes this.
  18. I will, but having to read books for school kind of discouraged me to get books to read leisurely. :p
    I've finished all my books for Dutch, though, and only need to read one more for English, so after that I'll read whatever I want and have access too! ;)
  19. not much
    probs the same as you
    i don't need a lot of info too know it my favorite :p