Writing class help!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SaizoTheFifth, Apr 22, 2014.

1. I've got this wierd problem in laungage class. I can't write anything! But here's the catch; I catch my self writing stories, or adventures, ect. But when I get an assignment I can't do it. It's like this; I'm wrighting a story on a adventure in the dark, trying to save his land. Then I get an assignment on "If you had one wish" I can't do it. I'm sitting at a table for a LONG time and I know what my wish is but I can't do it . So I need big help because my writing is good but if its homework. I cant.
    Please tell me how I can fix this. I do other homework (except history) and I can't ever do laungage.
    Thx!
  2. There isn't an easy answer here because everyone writes differently. For me, I get a general idea and organization in my head, then sit down and type it all out in one chunk while listening to upbeat music. But, what I would recommend until you get comfortable with assigned writing is to sit down, maybe use music if that helps, and start brainstorming. Write down everything you think of about the topic on a piece of paper, even if the thought doesn't make sense. Then go over those thoughts and pick a few main points or major parts of a story and organize your paper around them. If it's a standard high school/middle school 5 paragraph essay I usually assign one main point to each of the three body paragraphs. Once you have that, come up with a related introduction (google "introductions for essays" for some intro styles) and just start writing. Either take it a paragraph at a time, or pound it out all at once, whatever you prefer. Even if you get to the end and it sucks, now you have something to revise and work on making better instead of just a blank piece of paper. Good luck.
    gabeli likes this.
  3. Thx! Ill try that. I guess I could describe what I have as a cork-in-a-bottle. Ideas in a bottle won't leave till I empty it.
    terrible qoute
  4. When I was learning English as a third language I had the same problem. I found that it really helped to work on the technical quality of my writing: the grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Once you understand the "nuts and bolts" of your language it becomes easier to use it for conveying your thoughts and ideas. To help you with this, I will proofread your post and make the appropriate corrections. All corrections are crossed out and rewritten in bold text:

"I've got this wierd weird problem in laungage language class. I can't write anything! But Here's the catch: I catch my self I find myself writing stories or adventures, but when I get an assignment I can't do it. It's like this: I'm wrighting writing a story on aadventure an adventurer in the dark, trying to save his land. Then I get an assignment on "If you had one wish" and I can't do it. I'm sitting I sit at a table for a LONG time and I know what my wish is but I can't do it. So I need big a lot of help because my writing is good but is not good if its it's homework. I cant.
    Please tell me how I can fix this. I do other homework (except history) and I can't ever do laungage language.
    Thx! Thanks!"

I hope that I helped at least a little. Good luck!
    Kyzoy and Olaf_C like this.
  5. I am not good at writing stories. I am a great story teller, for I like the wing most of what I do.

That is what I love about tell stories. It does not have to make complete sense, just say the first thing that comes to your mind and before you know it you are pretty much telling a novel.

Writing is something that I simply cannot do. They restrict me too much and they expect you to plan before you write.

I wish you luck with Writing Class.
    ~FDNY21
    ~SkyDragonv8
  6. (Russo-Jacking, me and tiburok.) Anyway, when I find something I enjoy writing, I can write and research all day about it, but if it's something you don't like, try and make it something you do.