Would you use it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by oblivionlml, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Would you use or not use this service?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2011.
Yes 5 vote(s) 29.4%
No 12 vote(s) 70.6%
  1. i honestly think a player ran bank is a really really bad idea and i hope mods will come in and put a stop to this
  2. There is no possible way that this could hurt the server, why is everyone panicking, wait till 2012 geez!
  3. make a new poll and say it would be player ran from the start see who would still vote to use it

i bet anyone that voted yes thought it would be ran by admins or a plugin
  4. WHAT!? These new kids get a starting kit?! I feel cheated. Count yourself lucky, sonny-boy! Back in myyyyy day, we started from scratch!
  5. The guy who started that thread didn't have the slightest clue on how a bank really runs so yeah I will ignore you.
  6. I have several time that the bank would be for profit! AKA that means the extra money goes to me because I own the bank! Look if you don't like then the solution to your paranoia is simple: Don't use it, ever thought of that?
  7. how does that stop your idea from hurting someone else? i'm not worried about myself i'm not dumb enough to fall for something like this
    you said it would be for profit but not YOUR profit
  8. I lol'd
  9. Justin? Jeremy? i know you 2 are normally pretty open about what happens but even you two have to know this is very bad.....
  10. it would be a little too complicated, but i would say make it like free storage, but for items its NOT multi-server, and it is only the equivalent of a double chest. you can put money in, (money is of course multi-server) and you would get an interest out of it, but only like 1% a week. that doesnt count towards your current money though, and you must retrieve it. you cannot loan stuff, for the sake of simplicity and noobiness in the crowds. then it is a big building near the edge of the town (just so they dont have to modify it too much, maybe reclaim so old lots or unclaimed lots), and you would use /bank to visit it. you could also have "mail" and every residence has a PO box, and you can check it. you can give a stack of stuff to a player for 10 rups a stack. you can transport between server for 20 rups to somebody else and 40 rups for yourself. maybe ? it would be cool i think.
  11. Well, I can personally say, that I don't think this idea would fit well with the official Empire at all. Anyone who would try and run this unofficially, would run into a large number of problems getting it to work properly. It's to much to go into on here, but I just know from experience.

However, if it's something he wants to do on his own, he's fine to do so. Like other things in the Empire it will have to abide by the rules, such as not spamming it in the chat, unless someone asks about it first, and if deals go bad, it's between the two people who did it, and isn't something we would officially step into to handle.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  12. Yea, I read this and had to laugh. So, you just give him your stuff and he "keeps it safe" for you... Yea, and I will hug the creepers because that is all they really want...

Jeremy put it best. Let the fools follow the man with the snake oil. When they find out it is a scam, they will then rage spam the chat, allowing the moderators to kick/ban them. This will help weed out even more of the undesirables that are still plaguing the community..
    Although this whole thing with all but a small group of us remaining in Beta 1.8.1, the Empire has remained nearly peaceful. We still have some dedicated to causing misery, but rather insignificantly.
    They don't care for me much, either. :)
    I like being known as an unofficial moderator. I do wish to get the title of course, but I am still having a large impact in spite of it. I have been labeled by 1 user already for my zealous activity. :D
  13. Look I don't want to steal your stuff ok! I am in this for the long haul, what would be the point of taking someones stuff then leaving the server forever? Everyone is just against this for some stupid reason, I don't know why. Also why do you care if it is for profit, that is life! The shops are for profit too, no one is forcing you to use them, and I am not forcing you to use my bank either. Now can all of you please stop spamming this thread, you have stated your opinions but they are just that opinions! So far 5 out of 16 people have said they would the service, that means some one will use this bank so stop scaring away my customers please.

There is such a thing as positive criticism, but a lot of you have jumped to conclusions unnecessarily giving this thread bad press. THIS IS NOT A SCAM so please stop saying it is.
  14. There is no need to get hostile. All of the opinions given were from experience with ideas like this before. When I was referring to disputes happening, I didn't really even mean that you would be ripping people off. Let me just give you a an example.

You lend me (a new player) an item with the promise that I will pay you back plus interest. Now, one of two things happen. I either, don't show up ever again or I refuse to pay you anything, including interest.

Now what do you do for the person's items you lent out with promise that they'd get money for lending it to you to lend to them? You can't simply tell them "Oh the person didn't pay me back or didn't come back." because even if that is true, there'd be no proof for the original lender and that would make them very unhappy. I promise you this will happen more times than it won't and this is just one example of how this can go bad.

Now, as far as being an admin, most people here would fight you tooth and nail on our side about being very open minded about new ideas...it's just how we are. With that experience comes a much larger view of how things work and why things will and won't work. I'm not telling you that you can't do this. However, I'm just giving you a few warnings up front:

• If (when) disputes arise from this, it will be settled between you and them. The staff won't refund or punish anyone that decided not to use a service that we don't officially authorize.
    • We ask that you don't advertise this anytime a new person joins the server. If they find your residence, which you can advertise it on, and ask about it, you can let them know. We've had far to many similar things like this that drove away brand new people because they were overwhelmed when just coming out of the tutorial and left the Empire for good.
    • If we get to many complaints that this is causing drama in the Empire, we will ask you to stop it.
    I don't mean to put this out there to seem like we're being a jerk. If you're able to pull this off and everyone does what they're supposed to of those who are interested, that's awesome, and I'm rooting for you. However, experience tells me that, while the idea itself sounds good in theory, there are to many bad people out there that will make it most likely fail.
    slozon likes this.
  15. if you are not open to criticism good or bad don't post on a open forum

you asked for opinions and you are getting them
  16. I took the criticism at first and addressed people's concerns, then everyone just started saying I was a sleezbag that was going to cheat everyone stuff.