World resets for Wilderness, Utopia, Wasteland, and Nether (not Town)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. I'm assuming it's not possible to make a sort of wilderness/nether/wasteland/utopia 2.0? Like a second one of each? Would that cost like double to run for you, Justin?
  2. This can be a good thing too the lands do need a good restart.
  3. No that would be way too much for the server.
  4. Looks like I'm just gunna have to suck it up and start over. :)
  5. That's going to be our mantra around the time of the reset I think, lol.

Overall I think it's going to be a good thing. Lots of new opportunities with fresh worlds to explore. :)
    Malicaii12 and ZerreissenDirge like this.
  6. erm server down info please
  7. So should I probably abandon my current project and just gather all i can from the soon to be doomed world?
  8. Oh, good. Not just me then. I was panicking thinking I'd have lost my very difficult to aqquire slot :p
  9. Liz speaks the truth! I myself am taking a break (seeing as battlefield has consumed me) until 1.0 is released....partially due to not being able to get on the server. hopefully i can get a sub membership so i can get on when i want by the time 1.0 is released otherwise i will be on when i can get away from my 360 and when the server is relatively empty. :)

ps.this will allow the new folks on the server to get to know the server :)
  10. There's time still. I'm not sure exactly when the 1.0 release is, but it'll be a few weeks at least. But yeah, I would stop building any major projects out there myself... time to pack it all up and move to greener fields, lol.
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  11. This is gunna be bigger than the whole 2012 hype.
  12. hype? you mean dooms day theories? cuz i have yet to find a single one of said theories to be remotely plausible given the "signs" they say show the "dooms day" coming.....but i hope this release is soonish(by end of november) and it is anticipated i would assume lol
  13. Yeah, the server is down, since it seems to be for all of us, it might even be a problem with minecraft as a whole.
  14. Yes. The only difference between the two, is that this is actually going to happen. :)
    It's the end of the worlds as we know them! D-: / :-D
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  15. LOLOLOL nice one xD
  16. Hmm interesting news, if you have any trouble i can help with just say :)
  17. Justin, will u be using the same world seeds for the map as uve used now?
  18. I'm assuming they will just be random.

Personally I love fresh starts. I'm sure many people with elaborate projects out there will disagree, but I'm always excited to see new worlds. Ones that aren't littered with floating trees, dirt pillars and a hundreds of random holes.

Speaking of projects, everyone should take this opportunity to document any creations or special locations out in the worlds. It would be nice to keep something to remember these worlds by.
    grymtflo and Malicaii12 like this.
  19. no, i hate the dirt pillars as well, but i thought, the seed would give the clean versions of the maps we have now, so that i can rebuild the projects i got in the wasteland on the exact same spots
  20. Well that's technically possible, but I'm just saying my personal view is that it's better to just generate whole new worlds.

I'd rather walk out into a world and go "Wow, look at this great new scenery. Hey, let's go build something cool over there or explore that cave." instead of "Oh look, all of our buildings are gone. I guess we could just go over there and dig down till we hit lava. Hurray.".