World resets for Wilderness, Utopia, Wasteland, and Nether (not Town)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Right, thats a point, I sure hope that the Official MC will be released within a few weeks, coz then i can build again! =D More Red Wolf outposts
  2. Barring any unforseen circumstances, Minecraft 1.0 will be released during or at the end of Minecon on the 19th of November.

The Bukkit team will be having panic attacks trying to upgrade for such a massive update and my best guess for EMC officially converting to 1.0 is the beginning of December. Again, that's just my estimate, nothing official.
  3. Wouldn't this render the whole point of creating new worlds to get the new features.. well.. pointless? The same world would mean the explored world so far wouldn't have the new features. Also, that would mean that people would know where things were and could get 'free' resources like diamond/ gold etc.. Basically if it's gotta happen, it should be a fresh start.
  4. ok so if waste and all that is reset wee can haveve more chances with more cobble,iron,gold.dimound,redst
  5. That's the upside.. :)
  6. No, not with the buildings still there ofcourse, but the whole map clean, no houses/chests etc just the isles hills plants etc, so u can rebuild ur house there.

But rebuilding as Aus pointed out, seems the best n more fun
  7. But it'd still be 1.7/1.8 terrain...
  8. The seeds should just remain the same, with the 1.0 update, but it'll add the new content, i had the same with the gargamel seed when we went from 1.7 to 1.8
  9. I would have to play with it but the same seed is not guaranteed to give the same world with different game versions, they add things and have to add them into the random generation. But I also agree with AusQB full new worlds (random seeds) would be best :)
  10. i would personally like to have fresh worlds if you need help building spawn points for the new worlds let me know i would be happy to help
  11. im lost in the wilderness thanks to somebody ;)
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  12. Best you pack it up and move it into town until the reset.
  13. Thanks for the news. I have nothing there and only go if I need something from there... :) :( Mixed feelings on this.
  14. When is minecon
  15. 18-19 November.
  16. Roger,Roger
  17. Why didnt i hear any of this... god i am slow...
  18. I wonder who that could've been... (A)
    bensim16 likes this.
  19. Why oh Why do We love this server?, now I know that things like this bring people down in the dumps but still, with a server like Empire Minecraft I swear if you did reset the town, you wouldn't lose even those veteran players, You wouldn't lose me =)
  20. Can't wait for the updates... And I support World Resets even though I have recently become familliar with most of the Wilderness.