[Wild Outpost] Avalon

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by nfell2009, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice! I can take you out via the nether if you come onto SMP4
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  2. Ok I am Available now :)
  3. Not ruin your fun but I found gold first ;)
  4. Grats qwerty:)
  5. I saw the sheep burn. I don't really know what happened. I was in the barn and one was on fire, it died b-4 i could get to the pen, and the other burst into flames a second later (i think it was too close to the first). I can only guess it was lightning. No one else was in chat distance at the time, and it happened so fast and started while i was looking at the pig (he was all alone). So if you must place blame it was me, but really it was not anything i did on purpose other than being in the chunk. I am happy to replace the sheep, i just didn't have a chance to go back to town for one yet. I did bring the pig some friends.

This is fair warning to all Avalon residents and visitors, the lightning storms out there are no joke! I have been hit 2 times and have seen 2 supercharged creepers since friday. Please keep your roof made of stone or something inflammable and I think we should consider building some lightning rod type towers. (Don't know if it could help, does minecraft lightning hit the tallest thing around?)

I have been working on the path from town to Avalon through the nether and hope to have a completely enclosed tunnel in the next week. Keep up the great work everyone! And welcome to all new members!
    AzRicer likes this.
  6. Great idea J5F :) Just dont make the nether path to obivious! Oh and ill second the wild storms!! Everytime i'm on there is 2 - 3 storms with massive lighting!! I'll wait on changing my roof from wood however...

-Az
  7. Eh, if it does, the high altitude darkroom spawner I'm building should do the trick (~100 blocks in the air).
    AzRicer likes this.
  8. Sounds great Pro! Where about is this? When i get off work in 6 hrs... I'll help ya
  9. There's a tall cobble spire near just_five_fun's house.
  10. Okay then:

Also, I'm thinking of making a small iron farm here.
  11. Qwerty! Let me know if you need help... id love to learn how to make one :) We could make it on the far end of the island past my house? So it wouldnt mess with the dark grinder count?
  12. I thought dark room spawner don't really work now?
  13. 1) IGN: nick535
    2)Why you want to join:Like to help and need wild base
    3)What you bring: what ever people need (within reason)
    4)Ever been banned?:Nope
    5)If you have been banned what for?:N/A
  14. I know how to make them, I just need materials. Especially the villager spawn eggs, doors, and lava.
  15. i have a ton of villager eggs at my shop 3026 smp2... when i make a run back ill get them
  16. The Skelly Grinder Is Complete!!

The entrance

Skeleton spawning

The Drop Tube (1 hit kill with no weapon)

The grinder spy window

We need to make it "pretty" still but this is a fully functional grinder...

Your welcome :)

-Az
    PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  17. Great work on that skeleton spawner!
    This is the most fun i've had in a while playing minecraft. I know eventually stuff is gonna get greifed, but I hope it stays like it is for a while. My house is up and looks good, although it's pretty small.

There is a mushroom island now growing on the island past my house, I was planning to make a mushroom house with a silk touch axe, but if someone wants to claim it, that would be fine with me.

Beyond the the mushroom island are a couple of more small islands that would be really easy to build up and mine under without the problems that come with a floating dirt island ( can you say creeper holes? )

I think that we have generally begun paving paths with regular cobble if we want to stay uniform, i will be extending them a little at a time. I have also been trying to beef up the main floating island when creepers make holes. You may notice in many places there is cobble under dirt or at least 2 layers of dirt. I ask that if you are making a repair, that you consider taking an extra moment to do the same, although I am not in charge of anyone, it just seems like a good idea.

If you are comming from town and have an open inventory spot, we are about out of dirt and we could use all the cobble anyone wants to donate. If anyone has special material requests i will try to support them.

Thanks everyone for your hard work.
  18. so that's what that dug out skele spawner I found while mining was for.
  19. Eh, Idk if it works- afked for 5 minutes, i saw multiple skellys spawn, none fell down :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.