Why rupees?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by AdinD, Nov 7, 2013.

1. YUSH.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  2. That's cause it's not needed to mention, everyone knows that. Like, did somebody say we have an acronym for rupees, namely r? It's just so obvious that it isn't needed to tell anymore;)
  3. Rupees are Indian currency, I believe, and the currency on Legend of Zelda games, so, why not?
    607 likes this.
  4. There is also a Pakistan Rupee, I believe. I think the choice for rupees is because a lot of players on EMC live in the USA, Great Britain, or some random European country that uses Euros. And how awkward would it be to donate dollars to get more... dollars... in-game? Rupees are a convenient, smart choice, and they are the currency of LOZ. So rupees it is.
  5. Might also be the default bukkit currency.
  6. Indians are good programers, rupees are the currency of india. IcecreamCow is a cow. Cows are valued in india and they don't eat cows so IcC pays tribute to india by making the currency rupees. Maxarias likes fire, india food is hot and sets fire to your mouth so that is why she like the indian currency. Max doesn't like the mexican currency because while mexican food makes another part of your body light on fire...
  7. I suggest that we make them synonymous (probably spelled wrong) with each other
  8. Don't forget about Nepal using Rupees as well.
  9. Several countries use the rupee.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  10. Why not use "rupee" it's simple word and know what someone is talking about instantly "Money."

Anyways I remember a thread like this maybe year & half ago. Went same directions this one going so going post same thing: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupee
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  11. So I did some google and this is what "Rupees" look like.
    607 likes this.

12. Well Done good sir.
  13. I was going to post this, but I was like "let me make sure I'm not double posting.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  14. Why not?
    Faithcaster likes this.
  15. Thread moved to Marketplace Discussion.
  16. Is marketplace discussion the right place for this thread, you think?
  17. I was once on a server with a certain confectionery themed mascot and the currency there was pop-tarts.. xD ..I always thought that EMC using Rupees was to set aside that Empire is its own unique community with its own economy.. I mean that are a few servers that use Rupees, but most of them are Zelda themed. But according to wikipedia, there are currently 8 countries that use Rupees as their form of currency, without mentioning The Legend of Zelda. I wonder if the Rupees of Empire would look more like crystals or coins.. xD
  18. Coins.... made of crystal!
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  19. The discussion is over our currency, which plays a major role in the marketplace.
  20. Hmm... Maybe renaming them to be something else would be better.
    I vote for bricks. I'll give one bricktastic message to anyone else that votes!
    :D
    607 likes this.