Why I might quit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by datheOne, Mar 15, 2018.

1. anyone who might think this click bait... is fine if you think that... but i'm not having fun as much I use to... It could be for many reasons.. i been taking longer breaks I have done this on other servers as well I have taken a month break from servers. But I think I should leave it was fun while it lasted.. I feel like Isn't fun as one use to be..
  2. Thats what I said, then I came back :p
    HaastregtLover77 and We3_MPO like this.
  3. Nah, completely normal to have these feelings. Grinding and doing the same thing gets tedious. The reason why I only log on every month or so. If you do leave, have fun where you may end up :)
    HaastregtLover77, 607 and We3_MPO like this.
  4. Aww, sorry you feel this way =(
    If you do leave, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to fill your time with. Remember that you'll always be welcome back if you decide to come back later. If you do happen to stay, I would recommend reaching out to new players, or just players that you don't know in general. It's always nice to meet new people, and it can entirely change your EMC experience in a positive manner. =)
  5. Agreed. We all need breaks sometimes.

Also agreed. I love to build, but I usually do several projects at a time because one constantly gets very boring.

Anyways, dry, if you are really leaving, good luck in your future endeavors!
  6. I lost interest in Minecraft a couple years ago, but I've still not truly left EMC. There's always the chance I'll be active again, and if not, I'm still part of our community
    Have fun in the future, whatever you decide to do!
  7. Sorry to hear this and don't worry: I don't think is clickbait at all. Heck, we share the good stuff on these forums and we also sometimes share the bad stuff. That's the way it's supposed to be in my opinion!

If you don't mind me asking? What is it you normally do? Just curious...

What works for me (still playing after approx. 4 years of Minecraft and 3 years of EMC) is trying to vary the stuff I do and taking things slowly. The way I see it, with games such as Minecraft and on servers such as EMC: the quicker you reached your goal, the sooner you're going to need another goal.

Anyway... hope you'll find something else to take your mind of things, should be doable because there's tons to do out there!
  8. okay? just log on forums then? minecraft isnt going to last forever every game has an expiry date
    BenMA likes this.
  9. An expiry date? Then that must be different for every individual. And I think if you don't play a game for a while you might back into it later (but Minecraft might be an exception).
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. expiry meaning the game will cease to become relevant or a newer better sequel will come out and the creators will quit supporting the former. there are only a few exceptions to this rule.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Well, DryIceHydra, sometimes we grow out of things, sometimes we come back to them, too, after trying something else. I would advise you to take a break, but leave the door open, even if only for nostalgia sake and a future trip down memory lane.

@bitemenow and 607 : Personally, I think Minecraft has quite a lot of time to go, yet, as it evolves. It is quite unique in its blend of interactivity, creativity and economy. I've been at games and gaming for several decades, and never met something like it before.
    Tbird1128, 607 and We3_MPO like this.
  12. Agreed. I've done the former with other games, and they're doing a lot to improve MC and have been.
  13. saying it has alot of time to go, and saying it wont last forever arent mutually exclusive
    607, TheBidule and We3_MPO like this.
  14. Hey - I'll see you around if you do leave, I remember meeting you, always keep in mind that you're a great person!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  15. I've said this multiple times but I always find reasons to stay.. granted I mope around town more and more.... My break comes soon, as well, but good luck, dry.
  16. i might come back for 1.13 but minecraft has dispointed me
    We3_MPO likes this.
  17. Play a different game that you enjoy or find a cheap steam game and play that. I have played csgo for about a week to combat boredom. Minecraft is a great thing to play after a stressful comp match.
  18. yeah, I was feeling the same way for a while. The way I stayed on this server was by doing big relaxing builds with friends. Do anything as long as you dont get bored and fruestrated
    We3_MPO likes this.
  19. This has been happening since day one... If you are leaving, don't fuss about it, it just causes unnecessary drama. I've been where you are before, and posting about leaving isn't worth it. Good luck in your travels, though.

Edit: I came off harsh, did I not? Anyways, hope you come back at some point. Really, I just said this because it is my opinion, and I am certain many people will disagree with it. I'm not saying this to hurt anybody.
  20. emc is dying, and without many staff i find it boring