Which music genre is your least favourite?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Aug 7, 2018.

?

Which music genre is your least favourite?

Pop 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Rock 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Heavy Metal 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Rap/HipHop 4 vote(s) 36.4%
Oldies 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Country 6 vote(s) 54.5%
EDM 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Classical/Jazz 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Punk Rock 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Other (State in comments below) 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Who cares man, i'll make music polls WHENEVER I want :cool:

I wish EMC would of added more poll responses, but I guess not, guess we can't fit K-Pop in there :(
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. Rock, Metal, Rap, and Country.
  3. Even though I'm not a big music fan, I can tolerate most types of music. However, I personally cannot stand oldies or country music... It's one of my pet peeves actually.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  4. how old is an oldie in your opinion?
  5. I would say anything from the mid 1980s or older is an oldie.
  6. so which decade of oldies and under would you say you hate?
  7. Hmm... I think I hate all of them the same.

However, regardless of the genre, I easily grow tired of any song that is overplayed. (Another pet peeve of mine hehe)
  8. so... you hate 60s 70s and 80s music, just because it's old.. even the good ones??
  9. I don't know... it's kind of hard to explain, especially since I don't pay that much attention to the names of songs, the artist, or the lyrics (so I wouldn't be able to give any examples) but I definitely prefer some songs over others.
    607 likes this.
  10. I’m not a fan of Heavy Metal, Rock, Punk, Emo, etc. Tøp and p!atd are considered Emo but they aren’t as extreme as some other bands. I don’t mind certain country singers, like Hunter Hayes, but other than that I can’t really stand country. Sorry :/ I’m generally more into pop :)
  11. the beatles. i think they are garbage and wont listen to them
    AltPunisher likes this.
  12. :eek:
    :p
  13. Country music just hurts my soul tbh
    It's the accents, the instruments, the lyrics, EVERYTHING
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  14. So they are garbage because they sound boring or old, or because they are just bad?
  15. because a. they stole almost their material and not in like a ideas way, like literal lyrics and sound.
    b. what they didnt steal was mostly their solo stuff which sucked, proving that they didnt have talent for ideas.
    c. they get credit for all kinds of things around their time where none is due, they werent the first to do anything and werent even the best to do those things first.
    d. they actively collaborated against the civil rights movement despite being all "liek whoa dude" hippies.
    e. they have been proven to be pretty terrible people and alot of evidence has surfaced of unsavory business practice with like roadies, and even former band mates.
  16. I hate country music because it's just like, 'A dirt road, a cold beer, blue jeans, in a cornfield' That's not creative that's just throwing out country phrases in a semi meaningful pattern.
  17. This may need to be fact checked but I've also heard that at least one of them abused their wife. The Beatles ain't worth nothin
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  18. I'm gonna have to agree with you, I don't even like most of their music, and I do think that John Lennon is a total joke along with the rest, and Paul McCartney sure can't sing that well. They did make a huge impact though, and you cannot deny it, a lot of bands from the 70s and even the 80s will tell you they first listened to the beatles and such, without the beatles those famous people would of never had an impact in their lives musically

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, they aren't very good people, and I don't really like them, but their impact is undoubtedly huge
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  19. That's the exact same for modern pop and rap :p
  20. Bo Burnham made fun of country music in Make Happy and it's hilarious
    The video does have strong language and a little bit of anti-semitism so I'm not gonna post it I'll just let people look it up on youtube
    PetezzaDawg likes this.