Whats your computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by t6ler, May 23, 2012.

?

PC or Mac? Give a reason in the replies.

PC 34 vote(s) 58.6%
Mac 22 vote(s) 37.9%
Linux/other 2 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. But a Lynux is more complicated than some are used too. Or so I have heard. I am a Vista fan myself (Yes I know it is the "worst" of all of them, but windows 7 makes me feel stupid, and XP is... ok.) so I wouldn't know :p
  2. We do think Windows Vista does "suck" but the problem with windows vista is not because it "sucks" its because the code is not very efficient. This is Windows' fault for releasing the operating system too early. Linux is not complicated unless your using no GUI versions(meaning you operate the computer using lines of commands :p). I suggest you upgrade to Windows 7, even though "it makes you feel dumb" it runs more efficiently and runs at a stable 1 gig of ram if its a fresh install and no other background programs are running. Windows Vista in the other hand takes 1.5 GB of ram just to run with a fresh install! The Ram usage goes even higher if Windows Vista stays on for too long. Windows 7 was a great transition for me.
  3. What happened to him afterwards?
  4. Imma wait for the guy with the ferrari to answer here before i do.
    *TROLOLO if you get what i just wrote then... *HI-5 BRO!* LOLz to this*
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  5. Eh not quite, Apple uses a hybrid kernel meaning its not just Unix but its combined with another language. This hybrid kernel is named "XNU" and hybrids typically takes the best of both worlds. Also Unix does not mean "Ubuntu" right away, Ubuntu is written in a Linux kernel. You are also right about Microsoft making their own language and this language is called DOS, but Windows is also using a hybrid kernel which meaning it runs Windows NT and DOS. Windows is safe (not very safe) its just that its a more "mainstream" operating system so that's typically self explanatory. Linux and Mac in the other hand uses a more stricter management, in Ubuntu Linux, I believe there is only 27 known virus' BUT they cannot infect your Ubuntu OS unless you install it. Not very sure how Mac handles it but there are still virus' in Mac. So typically unless you write your own OS your not 100% safe. So you don't only need to have an anti-virus but you also need to do your part of being cautious and making the right decisions.
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  6. I dunno, I just never really liked it. Like, I will use it if I have to, but I will not go out of my way to install it in any way, shape or form
  7. Lol how do you use it if your using Windows Vista? Another computer?
  8. I understood only the first 5 words, lmao.
    copherfield and IamSaj like this.
  9. My dads computer and at my school. Though my school provided laptop has XP, so.. yeah.
  10. Nerd language... cannot be translated but it can be transmuted... :) Say... "Linux is a great language to write a kernel!" transmuted: "Lenux is this thang that u can make a AWSUM windows mac os thingy on the computir".
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  11. Mac. I named by Mac Big Mac even though I hate McDiabetes.
    I grew up on PC but switched over for obvious reasons:
    - No Viruses (Rare)
    - More Comfortable (For Me)
    - 27" iMac GOML Size Matters
    - 3.1 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Speed Demon
    - 2560 x 1440 resolution Big enough for almost everyone's New Year's Resolution
    - 4GB (two 2GB) memory = Win
    - 2 TB Hard Drives (TB = Thunderbolt)
    - LED Backlit Screen
    - AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB

Come at us, PC guys.
    copherfield likes this.
  12. It's awkward because "PC" is a generalization of any computer, Mac is a type of PC and Linux is an operating system, which could run on any PC.
    hayleycolgan and thecontroller like this.
  13. Well first of all don't call Windows, PC cause your typically still using a PC whenever your using a computer. PC stands for personal computer. The viruses are not rare, they are occasional(eh below occasional and above rare). 2 TB does not stand for thunderbolt, it stands for terabyte. 4 Sticks of ram isn't good enough (for me). So just stating the obvious since your trying to step on a DEBATE between Mac and Windows. Trust me both have equal PROs and CONs.
    IamSaj and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. Correct, Ubuntu is pretty much compatible with any hardware based computers. Nerds <3
  15. 4gb of ram is not impressive at all, i have 12gb in my desktop. In my desktop i have a 3 terabyte drive so the 2tb drive isnt all that impressive either. Unless you sit on your computer i dont understand how it can be comfortable, and my desktop has a 3.3ghz overclocked hexacore!:) mac hardware isnt amazing AT ALL.
  16. Considering linux is not the same as ubuntu, even your printer, your washing machine, your car or your alarm clock may have linux inside.
  17. Yet it's the same hardware that goes into any computer.

Boys and their DIMM measuring competitions.
  18. Ram is not the same as HDD (if we know that then we may continue). Also LOL at "unless you sit on your computer" and no, pc hardware is not best than Mac hardware (or the way around) they are different and i'm positive that you can make any configuration (or at a similar functionality) on a windows pc and on a mac.
    *cough*macPRO*cough*
  19. I thought that at first, but then I realized it was just a poorly constructed sentence.
  20. Ow, then that explains something...