Whats your computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by t6ler, May 23, 2012.

?

PC or Mac? Give a reason in the replies.

PC 34 vote(s) 58.6%
Mac 22 vote(s) 37.9%
Linux/other 2 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. There is no such thing as a "Linux computer". Linux is just an operating system.

I have an msi GT683

i7-2670QM
    NVIDIA GTX 1.5 GB GDDR5
    15.6" screen at 1920x1080
    12GB DDRIII ram
    1TB hard drive
    thecontroller likes this.
  2. Also, Macs are not worth the money they charge in te least bit, considering you get significantly less compatibility with any program not designed to run on a Mac, plus Windows runs better than Mac OS on macs as well. And it is nrealy impossible to upgrade a mac, and the macbooks power supply is directly tied into their HDD. Its silly.
  3. Its actually a kernel :p
  4. It acts in replacement of a OS :p
  5. AMD is generally the cheaper option, but I went with an Intel CPU for reliability and performance.

As for AMD having the best graphics, it loosely depends on who has released their latest card most recently, but there are other factors. I went with AMD because it was slightly cheaper for roughly the same power as an equivalent Nvidia card, but at the time I wasn't aware of AMD's poor reputation with drivers.
  6. I'm not complaining about windows. my computer also sucked right out of the box cuz of the battery it lasts for 5-10 minutes.
  7. Btw google chrome passed up Internet explorer as the most used browser :)
    Joshposh70 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. I am so confused. I understand like, a fourth of your conversation.
  9. I think the majority of Microsoft's browser market segment is offices that think IE is a more professional platform. For users like you and I however, I'm pretty sure Chrome and Firefox have been the front runners for a long while.
    14wcooley and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. I hate FireFox. Just gonna say that.
  11. I find firefox to be a resource hog.
  12. i'm saving for a toshiba lapop worth aboout 3000$ got 900$ soo far
  13. Mac book pro largest version:p its really strong:)
  14. Well whoever those "offices" are they must be dumb to trust one of the most compromised web browsers in the history of web browser history. Google Chrome has been picked as a official browser by government officials in Australia and France.

"The German government warned users against using Internet Explorer and recommended switching to an alternative web browser, due to the major security hole described above that was exploited in Internet Explorer. The Australian and French Government issued a similar warning a few days later. The first browser they recommended was Mozilla Firefox, followed by Google Chrome."

Opera and Google Chrome imo are fast browsers :) FireFox is moderate, Internet Explorer is just horrible and slow and bloated(not hatin' just stating facts).
    nmanley likes this.
  15. I wasn't aware of that, it's good to hear. Not sure the same can be said of the US government or their many businesses though.
  16. Chrome is still the only browser they have not been able to hack into. Fyi.
  17. I'm 99% sure they have, But only once, Whereas IE and Firefox have had 100's

No security vulnerabilities in Chrome had been successfully exploited in the three years of Pwn2Own from 2009–11.[100] However, Chrome was the first browser to to be defeated at Pwn2Own 2012, by a French team who used zero day exploits to take complete control of a fully patched 64-bit Windows 7 PC using a booby-trapped website that overcame Chrome's sandboxing. It was also compromised twice at the 2012 CanSecWest Pwnium.[101][102][103]
    Google's official response to the vulnerabilities was delivered by Jason Kersey, who congratulated the researchers, noting "We also believe that both submissions are works of art and deserve wider sharing and recognition."[104]
  18. I don't see why people are complaining about drivers... I never have any problems and i've been using their GPU's for so long. :/
  19. For the world. It's still #1 in us :(
  20. My sisters friend tried to play minecraft (btw she is 9) and she laughs cuz the computer says bad video card drivers