Whats Wrong with EMC?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EpicMan81401, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Thank you krysyyjane9191 for those words that makes me feel a lot safer on EMC.
  2. Sure, be sure to do what krysyy recommends, or also feel free to find me in game to chat about it if there are any issues going on that makes you feel uncomfortable (heck, or be sure to msg me and say hello :)). If there is immediate need, /staff is your best bet as mods are the 'frontline'. Else, check the forums and if I am on, do a convo with me as I am on the forums a bit more than in game due to work schedules.

Yes, We try to handle the reports asap. Its closer though that we will do what we need to do to enforce rules ;).

Hope to see ya around.
    607 likes this.

3. Hehehe... I used to love that movie.
  4. In answer to some of your concerns:

EMC gets lots of new players every week. Many of our best players have come from servers that were not run in the way that EMC is, some learn to fit in and others don't. We we are constantly reviewing reports of greif, swearing, chat spam, lying, scamming,etc. I don't know the average number of reports per week, but the volume is sometimes difficult to keep up with.

I know my fellow staff well enough to tell you that they do a lot of managing poor player behavior. Aikar has recently added features that allow staff to take more specific actions when a player misbehaves. (chat mute, temp bans,better record searching) A lot happens behind the scenes every day.

Each player has a profile that staff can review if their behavior comes into question. Staff does not punish players without confirmation of the report. I don't want to ban someone for something they didn't do, so I look it up and make sure that I am taking action along the guidelines that all staff are trained to use. (we even get tested)

Staff spends many hours per week just chatting with players who have abused the rules. Banning a player is not usually the first step. Warnings are given to players who respond positively to staff requests. (except for major infractions) Records are kept of past reports, warnings from staff, past punishments, and just about anything that might matter in that players future reviews. If you arn't breaking rules, you have no record usually. If players make false reports against other players, staff is also careful to stop it.

It is not easy to prevent bad behavior or make everyone happy, but we really do care about our players and do our best to keep EMC fun. Players should also learn to use the tools we give them to protect themselves from harm. Learn about residence flags (and don't freely give them out), remove move permissions from players or mute them in your chat if they are bothering you or swearing. When using the /report feature, try to include enough information for staff to understand the problem. Some of the worst problems staff has to deal with are related to players who didn't know they could have protected themselves.

Welcome to EMC. Thanks for your concerns.
    607 and highlancer54 like this.
  5. This is what im talking about. Now im banned. I dont even know why, can someone atleast tell me why im banned? If i must leave emc then i will but it was the first server i played on and the last. Thanks for the great years. EpicMan81401 signing off for the last time.:(
  6. When you try to log in it'll tell you why you were banned and who by. Dramanya banned you and it looks like you're currently under investigation. Your ban reason states that you should click here and discuss your ban and sort that out in private with Dramanya and possibly other staff members. Talking about it in public will not help you at all and the only way to get through this is to comply with staff.
    607 likes this.
  7. Try messaging the staff member who banned you, they will tell you why you're banned. You can also appeal your ban to them. :)
    607 and wolffpack58 like this.
  8. I agree that the staff do an excellent job but most of the people who have replied are American , at around GMT peek point there's trouble but no staff to deal with it so I think we should get more Brits! :p
  9. griefing is the only issue i see any more and thats become less and less. swearing has been reduced heavily mainly i think out of respect and we are all starting to get to know each other
  10. If the players on your smp are being rude/unfair change smp.
  11. I hope this will get sorted out! :)
    highlancer54 likes this.