What's a Good Casual Game?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Aliyaxoxo, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Stardew Valley was great! Hope you enjoy it too.

Starbound is also some nice fun. Corrupted got me into that one, and sometimes we play it together. Huzzah for co-op games :)

Rise to Ruins is a great chill game. If you ever played the very early Warcraft from a floppy disk, this will take you back to that game (yeah, I'm old lol).

Factorio is also fun if you like trying to find the most efficient configurations for machines. This game does have a learning curve, and could be frustrating without watching a few tutorials and "let's play" videos. Make sure the video you're watching also matches the release you play. It's still in active development, so things change.
    607 and EmpireMall like this.
  2. I'm just starting starbound now, I'm not very good at it, a lot of stuff is confusing so far. I do like it a lot though.
    khixan likes this.
  3. On pc, I've mostly been playing Re-Volt for the past few years, which I consider ethical to obtain, because a shitty Korean company owns the rights to it, and is only publishing bad mobile versions full of IAPs.
    It's an RC racing game, but I'm not sure if you're into racing.
    If you'd like to check it out, you could download the newest version here, free of charge: http://re-volt.io/downloads
    There's also an active Discord server: http://re-volt.io/discord
  4. Is there still optimization issues with Starbound? It was really bad when I bought it, but I loved the game. I couldn't play it with the awful framerate in certain parts.
  5. i would recommend This War of Mine: Gets harder as you go on. You are a group of survivors in the middle of a war you have to survive the war while keeping everyone healthy. You have to scavnage for materials and weapons. You have to protect yourself from raiders and anyone in any build on you are scavenging.

Fallout 4: A post-apocalyptic game with a lot of action. You can build an outpost/base. There is an actual story in this game.

Team Fortress 2: It is a free team based FPS game with 9 different classes and a lot of hats! You could rage but only if you really suck at the game.

Skyrim V The elder scrolls: I'm pretty sure this game is on steam. It's a medevil game (forget the story). You go on quests and slay dragons and stuff. Very fun. Many weapons and magic is involved.
  6. Seems good to me so far, havent put a ton of time in it I've never played a game like it before so its just kinda new for me.
  7. farmville
    jk
    God, I love that game.

Very nice insight into an alternate side of war. Games, movies, books all usually follow the soldiers, but don't give a second thought to the civilians, and the stuff they have to do to just survive. The game reminds me a lot of the Siege of Sarajevo - where you would go out in the morning to go get a loaf of bread to feed your family, while trying to evade getting shot in the head by a sniper. It didn't matter who you were, you were a target.

This game is similar to those stories, in that you will just be trying to scavenge food in a building and you'll come face to face with a trigger happy soldier. Or you'll find an elderly couple just trying to defend the scraps they have left, and you'll shoot/knife/beat them to death just to feed your group. Sometimes you'll kill someone as a pre-emptive measure, only to find out they were someone's husband and would never have actually attacked you. As the game goes on, you get forced to do more and more stuff like that - and by the end, you'll be forced to start raiding military outposts just to make away with measly scraps because you've ran out of medicine and food and you've got people back at your camp dying, risking getting pumped with lead at every turn.

Or you can be like me and show up at the church where people have gone to pray with multiple guns and massacre the entire place in order to drive the character I did it with to killing themselves due to depression.

Such a great game if you're looking for something like that. Comes with plenty of anxiety-inducing moments. Combat isn't great, but I doubt you'll be compelled to use it all that much - that's usually how you get killed.

Good fun though. Thoroughly recommend.
    EmpireMall and crazy_X_gamer like this.