What's a Good Casual Game?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Aliyaxoxo, Jul 10, 2017.

1. I want a decent, cheap, casual game. Nothing too complicated or rage inducing, just something to play after an Overwatch comp with a Hanzo, Mei, Junkrat, and Widow who each refuse to switch
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  2. I have one but I am the only one who owns it... still very dev.
  3. So that's not helpful for me
  4. It is as I plan to release when done
  5. The mount and blade games are fun, I also like stardew valley.
  6. I assume on pc?
    Single-player or online multi-player?
    EmpireMall likes this.
  7. Ok sorry guys for some reason I didn't get any alerts from this thread.

Just took a deeper look into Stardew Valley and it looks a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be, I'm gonna buy it, thanks!

Yah PC, and I'm down for either
  8. If you're into racing games, I suggest the DiRT series. I know the feeling of bad teammates in Overwatch competitive though :p
  9. Rocket League is always an enjoyable 5-8 minutes per match

EDIT: for some, evidently :p
    FadedMartian and ArkWarrior1 like this.
  10. Sword of sauce is a amazing stealth game it is about $2.50 and it is a great casual stealth game where you can choose to run and gun or stealth it out
  11. Why not try a non-rage inducing 8-12 hour game of Civilization? You could even throw Ghandi in for more "peace and quiet".
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  12. Yah I actually got DiRT 3 for free but I don't enjoy racing games without the racing controllers and I don't wanna spend that much just for 1 game

Dude I tried that game and there have been very few times when I have gotten that pissed off

I'll check that one out

Dude that game is overpriced lol
  13. the older versions were actually still really well done, even back to 3 and 4.... I'm sure that those are dirt cheap. Possibly on steam too. Probably depends how old you are willing to look at though as well.
    607 likes this.
  14. It depends very heavily on what sort of games you enjoy.

• Kerbal Space Program - Very laid back, although docking maneuvers can lead to some sweaty-palm moments. Better with mods.
    • Reassembly - Bit of a learning curve, but loads of fun once you start amassing a fleet of your own designs.
    • Saints Row IV (Or III, would recommend that one too) GTA-style sandbox city with a sense of humor. Great for just screwing around and blowing off steam. Plus y'know, you can murder pedestrians with fluffin' Dubstep.
    • Endless Space - Turn-based 4X game of galactic conquest. Again, bit of a learning curve.
    • Gnomoria - City-management in the vein of Dwarf Fortress, but with graphics. And less brutal.
    • Banished - 18th-century colonial city building. Nearly the same as Gnomoria, but with full 3D graphics and less (no?) combat - much prettier.
    • Planetbase - Colony-building in space. Almost not sure I'd recommend this one, since the AI can prove frustrating at times. Fun, but wait for a sale.
    • Lara Croft GO - Mobile puzzle-adventure ported to PC. Short, but exceptionally well done.
    • Blockwick 2 - Pure puzzle goodness. Great for winding down and killing some time. This is my favorite for knocking out a few levels while waiting for dinner to cook - as casual and 'chill' as they come, and the music is nice too.
    • Besiege - Build medieval death machines and conquer the world! A few of the levels might test your patience but most are pretty laid-back. Plus they're adding level-editor and multiplayer features later this year, and increasing the price along with it. Best grab this one soon.
    • Subnautica - Pure exploration. Although low on my 'chill' meter, since everything beyond the Safe Shallows wants to murder you and eat your face.
    • No Man's Sky - Yes, I'm actually recommending this one (though not at full price obviously). It's procedural space tourism, and little else. Good for some mindless unwinding, just don't expect anything epic.

With those in mind, most of my preferred games are low-stress and decidedly not competitive. However, when I get the urge to blow off some steam and frustration, Unreal Tournament (99 or 2004) is generally my go-to. Murdering scores of bot-AI is cathartic in its own way as well.
    607, khixan, EmpireMall and 3 others like this.
  15. This is a very old one, and maybe not too laid back but I still seriously enjoy playing this from time to time: Freelancer (from Microsoft). See Wikipedia page here. It's a space exploration / trading / fighting game. Now... The main reason I like this so much is because I grew up with Elite. A seriously dated game but it was tremendously fun (IMO). Well, Freelancer is the revival of that a bit.

What you do depends... You can take it easy and simply go explore planets, get prices and then try trading (so buy cheap and sell high) or you can go dangerously and take on plenty of fights. It's a decently open world (space) but you need to follow the main storyline in order to unlock new areas. And I suppose it can get tricky here and there...

Old, dated but should also be dirt cheap now.

I'll just leave the trailer here, though in all honesty that trailer doesn't really tell much about the game :D but its fun.

16. RIMWORLD ALL THE WAY
    b0bbythebuild3r likes this.
  17. What sort of games are you interested in? Might help to narrow things down a bit.
  18. I got Stardew Valley, but I'm gonna take some time to try and search through the ones you gave me, but I'd rather not get stacked up on games because I doubt I'll play them.