what we know about bosses and enraged & spawning them

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Envine, Dec 6, 2020.

1. This threads purpose is to try and gain community input from everyone, like myself who actively farms and hunts bosses on how they spawn, what requirements are met for them to spawn and how to make it more efficient and consistent for them to spawn.

what we know:

- best place for boss spawns in wastelands. This is because the wild usually will have a few players in there.
    - Cannot spawn near a player built wall, or roof. But can spawn on player placed blocks.
    - Can only spawn during the Night, usually (75%) of the time before midnight.
    - CANNOT be "away"
    - alts or groups increase spawn rates of both enraged and bosses (enraged seem to have their own, separate mob cap?)
    - Event mob spawns don't count as a boss spawn
    - even mob spawns can be spawned during the day, and in dark rooms.
    - Bosses & event mob spawn happens every 45mins to and hour.
    - bosses & event mobs can spawn large distances away, where regular mobs would instantly despawn.

Some myths, yet to be confirmed.

- Bosses spawn in alphabetical order to avoid the same bosses spawning twice in a row. Order is >eyender > marlix > momentous > sorgina. This order is spread out across all players in the wastelands. So player 1 may get a momentous, then player 2 gets the sorgina then player 1 gets a eyender.
    - being in a group with other players doesn't increase spawns
    - higher difficulty doesn't increase spawns
    - enraged cave spider spawn chance is increased the closer to bedrock you are
    - each player has the same chance of spawning a boss (if the player setting allows for it) but the first person to reach the threshold (or whatever that is) will get the spawn

How to get more Bosses:

- Get an elytra (or run) and run around each wastelands spawn.
    - Stalk people on live map and head there later to see if there's a boss
    - put a tower around 100-128 blocks tall, where regular mobs would instantly despawn and afk (just dont go 'away'). My tower is 122 tall.

How to get more enraged

- Light up all caves in a roughly 128 x 128 area
    - Dig a 3 tall, however big dark room at y 10 or so
    - use alts to increase spawn rates of enraged

any input from you guys will be apricated, lowkey hoping aikar will conform or deny these

Aikar leaks:
  2. How to find bosses in my experience... Don't want one. Or mind your own business, then boom! They all spawn within 2 hours!
  3. most, if not all, enraged mobs work on a timer, only being able to spawn one per X amounts of minutes, per player. as far as groups go, each player is running on their own timers, so you're going to see more enraged over a shorter period of time.

do not quote me on this, this is written from a vague memory of a discussion with devs about spawning when SU2 came out.
    Envine and VoidDistortion like this.
  4. can we also talk about how garbage eyenders loot it?
    a useless, slow hitting sword
    Ethy202 likes this.
  5. Might be cooler if the Ender Blade had an on-hit effect, like a teleport, which would make caving a lot more peaceful- a single hit can dispel any mob to some random other cave.
  6. I don’t understand how a tall tower would make bosses spawn more?

Isn’t it timed based? So it’d spawn regardless how tall you are
  7. It refers not to the gap between when bosses can spawn, but to the ability for a player to spawn them when bosses can spawn (from what I can tell).