What redstone project does the server allow?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by lijiaqigreat, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Is there any rule on what redstone project does the server allow? I'm mainly concerned that whether server ban certain type of contraption because of too much load?
    For example: large scale melon farm using bud switch.
    a lot of periodic timer in large scale (for some random purpose)

Given that I'm not intentionally trying to lag server, I just want to build some fancy redstone for fun.

A separate question is that for melon farm example, could it also be asked to be removed by moderators if it causes a lot of noise to my neighbors?
  2. Large scale melon farms are perfectly acceptable. The rule mostly stands against redstone clocks that constantly update and spam fireworks or item drops.
  3. As long as you don't make a contraption which lags the server then you should be fine :)
  4. Nope I have once built a redstone parcours, with loads of different always extending and retracting pistons, etc, I didn't knew that those clocks wern't allowed, but it didn't get removed, I can still remember bigdavie just set all my clocks off and asked with a sign to make a system that only activates when someone is playing that parcours, so, shortly, nope.

A think I will warn you about though is that the redstone mechanics are a little bit different in EMC though, I don't exactly know what, but quite alot doesn't work.

oh, and if you want to share some of your redstone creations, I've made a bautifull redstone thread :)
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-redstone-thread.67833/
  5. There are some specific changes in comparison to vanilla, and some redstone blocks are included there. You can check the technical changes wiki page for a full overview. In short though: hoppers are slightly delayed.