What Music Software do you use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by supereskimo, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Yes. 21 vote(s) 77.8%
No. 6 vote(s) 22.2%
  1. That my friend although simple is an amazing start! It's a great little tune and it seems as if you've got some roar talent! Keep making more :D
    607 and NINJATTILA like this.
  2. Well, I think I will just continue posting my music here, exept when you want me to create a separate thread for it. [/url]

3. It's rude to bump this again, but it's the best way to let you guys know. For everyone who has an iPad, garageband is free today! I already made something and it is just awesome! So for everyone who followed this thread and was sad about the fact that garageband is a paid software, go download it!
    Olaf_C likes this.
  4. Darn. $5 goes a long way.
    I bought it before it was FREE.
    BTW: Great sounds. Get it now!
  5. Ableton Live is my favorite
  6. Try using Audacity. It's free and can be used for editing, adding sound effects, compiling different clips, and more. It's very user-friendly and quite simple, though I'm not completely sure it will fit the criteria of what you're looking for (the description was kind of broad). Anyways, try it out and see what you think.
  7. Logic. Logic is your friend. (the program, i mean XD)
  8. aww yis.
    Edit: Wrong thread. stupid touchscreen XD:mad:
  9. frooty loops
  10. uh... thats a program???
    (Looks up)
  11. its also called fl studio
  12. ah.
    (looks up and actually finds)
  13. I found a program that's supposed to be similar to FL Studio (I've never used FL), but it's open source/free to use. It's called LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio), and here is its website:
    http://lmms.sourceforge.net/
    It comes with an easy-to-use piano roll, plus lots of plugins for creating/editing instruments. Unless you really prefer the sheet music notation, this program is much better than MuseScore for making simple songs.
    I heard about this program from TJ FREE, a youtube channel and website: https://www.youtube.com/user/tjopen1/videos He has videos about all kinds of open source software, not just music.
  14. Programs I use!
    Most of these are not open source or free but you can use demos or maybe find a key ;)
    List incoming:
    FL Studio 11 (Mac beta) - I use loads of plugins and packs (Its quite expensive but Deadmau5's XFER pack is great)
    Audacity (For cutting up elements or vocals)
    Traktor (for mixing parts of songs)

And for mixing songs (software wise) I use Virtual DJ

Also getting a midi keyboard because it would make it easier, all the programs can still be used without one though.
    MrUnknownian likes this.