What is your favorite song?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wonderwoman_16, Apr 10, 2016.

1. The 90s was an AMAZING time for shoegaze...

My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Catherine Wheel, Slowdive, Curve, Lush, The Verve, Swervedriver.. the names go on.

Pretty much anything released on 4AD during the 90s was gold.. The Pixies, Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, The Breeders, Dead Can Dance, omg that was like the peak of that entire scene.

All happened in the 90s.
    sgx2000 likes this.
  2. I'm not going to disagree with you there, on the matter of it being an amazing time for shoegaze. Its when the genre was at its height.
  3. My fav. song is Team by Iggy Azalea

4. A follow up on my previous post, When The Tigers Broke Free is a great song. ( Not my favorite, I don't have one.) For this song, and most other songs of theirs, you have to listen and pick up on the story the song is presenting. That is one of the main reasons that I like their music. (I also just like the sound of it as well) Just in case you didn't understand what the song was saying I have a wiki page over it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Tigers_Broke_Free
  5. I have been editing an assignment for music: a tv show about pop music. Now, this isn't exactly my favourite song, but I find it really interesting, so I'm sharing it here... :p
    I'm not sure if it's EMC appropriate, as I have no idea if the lyrics even make sense xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcYTShN4Fk&list=PLWo3SxxyUs4OB5MoXWPzqmOZsgTmHqvMA&index=6 (this playlist includes all music in our tv show, of which some are probably not EMC appropriate)
  6. Right now its "Beautiful Now - Zedd". The song just kept me happy :p

7. (I mostly like 'Mond, Mond, Ja, Ja' because it offended Liverpool's MP for 'making the Beatles look like Nazis' and I don't like him so yay for aggravating politicians)
  8. lately here are the albums I've been listening to on repeat:

Laura Carbone - Sirens
    Savages - Adore Life
    Ratboys - AOID
    Client Liaison - S/T
    Laura Groves - Committed Language
    Good Graeff - Good Job Go
    Deep Sea Diver - Secrets
    Kita Alexander - Like You Want Me To EP
    Wolf Alice - My Love is Cool
    Tancred - Out of the Garden
    Thao and the Get Down Stay Down - A Man Alive
    Dilly Dally - Sore
    Polica - United Crushers
    The Thermals - We Disappear

okay, that's a lot of albums. I listen to music pretty much constantly throughout the day though so I need a nice rotation.
  9. My favorite song changes a lot, but there's a few that I've always liked for a very long time.

Favorite electronic song - Frainbreeze by Pegboard Nerds
    All-time favorite electronic song - Do I See Color by Adventure Club

Favorite vocal song - Middle by DJ Snake
    All-time favorite vocal song - Good Time by Owl City
  10. Id love to change the world
  11. Discovered The 1975 a few days ago. I like 'Robbers' and 'Girls', but I don't like any of their other songs I've heard. I don't know why - probably because they're Mancs and us Scousers have a blood feud with them :p

Also rediscovered this yesterday and I was reminded why it used to be my favourite song...

and yay new music video
  12. I'm just glad the singer from the 1975 learned how to enunciate when he sings. The whole first album was just a garbled mess, couldn't understand a thing he said.
  13. Girls is probably my least favorite song of theirs lol.
    I always think that when listening to Chocolate haha. I had to actually look up the lyrics for that one.
    sgx2000 likes this.
  14. I'm from Northern England and regularly communicate with people from the few miles east (which makes a big difference to accent here lol) in Manchester, so I can understand pretty much everything he says, but I can see how it would be completely incomprehensible to someone not from here. Our accents are just mishmashes of random Northern European accents from Norway, Sweden, Ireland and other places.
    sgx2000 likes this.
  15. lol exactly. the only word I know from that song is "chocolate" and I only knew that because of the title haha

I saw the 1975 several years back at SXSW when no one knew them and I've seen them grow as a band to now they are charging $80+ and playing a rather large venue here now. It's crazy.

Them and Chvrches both... they have shown that the model of just playing an insane amount of shows can eventually pay off and give you a ton of recognition.

here is what I'm listening to now:
    kaptrix likes this.
  16. Okay apparently they're from Cheshire, but to me they sound exactly like Mancs? Accent is still understandable to me lol.
    kaptrix likes this.
  17. Radioactive- imagine dragons