what if I change it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PseudoDistant, Mar 27, 2017.

1. I want to change my minecraft screen name, but I don't know what will happen to my res, vault, or inventory. please tell me what would happen to my stuff if I change my username.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Your res, vault, and inventory will be fine :) Everything stays the same. And I believe if you have shop signs those would automatically be switched to your new name. That's from what I've heard, not too sure about that one though.
    ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  3. You will keep everything.
    WolfInAction and We3_MPO like this.
  4. Everything will automatically change.
    WolfInAction, ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  5. thank you all for answering , and quickly at that.
  6. There is one thing that won't change, you player heads, those will still display your old name, nor will your skin change of those heads (you can change you skin to something silly and farm a few of them before you change your name, it can be nice to have some mini-blocks)
    We3_MPO, WolfInAction and SirTah like this.
  7. Also keep in mind that this trick won't be usable to "hide" yourself. After you changed your name players can still use /p <your old name> and they will then get to see both your new (current) name as well as your name history (your previous names).
    We3_MPO and WolfInAction like this.
  8. Dont worry about losing anything, you keep your stuff.
    We3_MPO and WolfInAction like this.
  9. This is why you think long and hard before choosing a username. Hi I'm MajorHaze!
    We3_MPO, WolfInAction and ShelLuser like this.