What are these???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ECID_Goku, Aug 28, 2014.

1. It looks a lot like Really big dinnerbone ponies. But why are they so big? What do they do? and why is there only legs? 2014-08-25_21.46.52.png
    607 and pererfamily4l like this.
  2. These are part of the holograms. They are horses that are high above the air that give those messages at town spawn. I am not sure if that is the answer, but that is my best guess.
    607 likes this.
  3. i think those are for the floating nametags
  4. Proof for Skare and Perer 2014-08-28_23.53.26.png
    pererfamily4l likes this.
  5. i smile :)
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  6. your alts are still sad tho :(
  7. Huh, I always saw something really high in the air and never knew what they were. Now I know!
  8. Those are indeed for the holograms.
    607 likes this.
  9. Hm, I should probably look up how this works again... Interesting that they are so big.
  10. It is for the holograms ... the age set for the horses if it's really high or low...make their names offset from their bodies - so they are riding on top of a head and the heads are placed in the air.... causing their names (the holograms) to be where they are near the ground....
    [horse]
    [head]
    |
    |
    v
    [horse name]
    607 likes this.
  11. Aikar here (fixing something for Max)

It will change in 1.8, as the horse method doesn't work, but Armor Stands have been made specifically able to support this, and mojang will give us a different entity in the future to even better support holograms.
    607 likes this.